Import data from Common Cloud Services into Zoho Analytics
If you have your data stored online in the common cloud services such as Rackspace, Amazon EC2, Linode etc, then you can seamlessly import your data into Zoho Analytics for reporting and analysis. You can also easily set up schedules to periodically fetch the latest data from your cloud database.
- Preamble: Why should I whitelist Zoho Analytics IP addresses?
- How do I import data from the common cloud services?
- How can I edit the setup?
- How long does it take for the data to be imported into Zoho Analytics?
- Can I import data from any of the cloud services into an existing Zoho Analytics database?
- Will foreign keys defined between my tables be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
- Can I change the data-type of the columns in Zoho Analytics?
- How do I remove the Setup?
It is mandatory that you whitelist Zoho Analytics IP addresses in your cloud service. This is because only post whitelisting will Zoho Analytics be allowed to access the information stored in the database. Click here to get the complete list of IP addresses that need to be whitelisted.
Please do note that trying to import data into Zoho Analytics before whitelisting the IP addresses will result in import failure.
After setup, you might have to wait some time for the initial fetch to happen. This depends upon the amount of data fetched from the cloud database and also the response time of the its server. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. If you access the Workspace before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
Yes, follow the below steps to import data into an existing database:
- Open the Workspace into which you wish to import the data.
- Click the Import Data button in the Explorer tab.
- Click Cloud Databases option.
Configuring the import will be similar to the steps followed in this Setup presentation.
6. Will foreign keys defined between my tables in common cloud services be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
No, the tables will not be directly linked in Zoho Analytics. However, you can link two or more tables in Zoho Analytics using the Look-up feature. Click here to learn about look-up.
Yes, you can change the datatype of the columns imported into Zoho Analytics. However, it is necessary that the datatype of your column is compatible with the datatype of the column in your Cloud database for successful data synchronizations. It is always recommended that you change the data type in both your cloud service as well as your Zoho Analytics database.
To remove the setup,
- Login to your Zoho Analytics account.
- Open the corresponding Workspace.
- In the Explorer tab, click Data Sources button.
- In the Data Sources tab that opens click the Settings icon and select Remove Data Source as shown in the snapshot.
Please do note that this only removes the connection. You can still continue accessing the Workspace in Zoho Analytics.