Import data from Google Cloud SQL (MySQL and PostgreSQL) into Zoho Analytics
If you have your data stored online in the Google Cloud SQL (MySQL and PostgreSQL) database, then you can seamlessly import your data into Zoho Analytics for reporting and analysis. You can also easily set up schedules to periodically fetch the latest data from your Google Cloud SQL database.
- Preamble: Why should I white list Zoho Analytics IP addresses and How do I do it?
- How do I import data from the Google Cloud SQL database?
- How can I edit the setup?
- How long does it take for the data to be imported into Zoho Analytics?
- Can I import data from my Google Cloud SQL database into an existing Zoho Analytics database?
- Will foreign keys defined between my tables in Google Cloud SQL database be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
- Can I change the data-type of the columns in Zoho Analytics?
- How do I remove the Setup?
The below slideshow explains how to import data from Google Cloud SQL (MySQL) into Zoho Analytics. You can similarly import data from Google Cloud PostgreSQL as well.
After setup, you might have to wait some time for the initial fetch to happen. This depends upon the amount of data fetched from Google Cloud SQL database and also the response time of the Google Cloud SQL server. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. If you access the Workspace before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
Yes. Follow the below steps to import data into an existing database:
- Open the Workspace into which you wish to import the data.
- Click the Import Data button in the Explorer tab.
- Click Cloud Databases option.
Configuring the import will be similar to the steps followed in this Setup presentation.
6. Will foreign keys defined between my tables in Google Cloud SQL database be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
No, the tables will not be directly linked in Zoho Analytics. However, you can link two or more tables in Zoho Analytics using the Look-up feature. Click here to learn about look-up.
We have plans to fetch the foreign key details from Google Cloud SQL and automatically link those tables in Zoho Analytics using lookup columns in the future.
Yes, you can change the datatype of the columns imported into Zoho Analytics. However, it is necessary that the datatype of your column is compatible with the datatype of the column in your Google Cloud SQL console for successful data synchronizations. It is always recommended that you change the data type in both your Google Cloud SQL database as well as your Zoho Analytics database.
To remove the setup,
- Login to your Zoho Analytics account.
- Open the corresponding Workspace.
- In the Explorer tab, click Data Sources button.
- In the Data Sources tab that opens click the Settings icon and select Remove Data Source as shown in the snapshot.
Please do note that this only removes the connection. You can still continue accessing the Workspace in Zoho Analytics.