A customer has requested a replacement for a defective product. How do I handle this in Zoho Inventory?
Assumption: The shipment has been delivered and the invoice has been paid.
To handle an exchange for this order in Zoho Inventory:
Step 1: Create a sales return
- Go to the sales order.
- Click on Create > Sales Return.
- Check the option ‘This sales return contains credit-only goods’.
- If you don’t want the item to be taken into stock, then enter the appropriate quantity in the ‘Credit-Only’ field for that item.
- Save the sales return with only the items that have to be exchanged.
Step 2: Create a credit note
- Open the sales return.
- Click on More > Create Credit Note.
- Save the credit note with only the items that were returned.
Step 3: Create a new sales order
- Navigate to the Sales Order module on the sidebar.
- Click + New button.
- Add the exchange items to the list.
- Save the sales order.
Step 4: Create an invoice for the new order
- Open the new sales order.
- Click on Create and select Invoice.
- Click Save to associate an invoice with the new order.
Keep this invoice unpaid.
Step 5: Apply credits to the invoice
- Open the credit note created in step 3.
- Click on the Apply to Invoice button.
- Against the newly created invoice number, enter the invoice amount in the Amount to Credit field.
- Click Save to apply the credits. This will offset the invoice amount and completes the exchange process for that order.