Analytics provides a clear picture of the organisation’s business expenditures. It is broadly classified into seven categories:
- Tax Reports
- Corporate Cards
Each category has several variants of reports that provides insight from multiple perspectives.
Note: Unsubmitted reports will not be considered while running the analytics.
This category consists of different types of business expenditure reports such as:
- Expense Details: Expenditure reports that includes many parameters like users, categories, merchants, currencies, etc.
- Unsubmitted Expenses: Expenditure reports generated based on the expenses that are yet to be submitted for approval.
- Expenses by Category: Expenditure reports generated based on the categories available.
- Expenses by User: Expenditure reports generated based on users’ expenses.
- Mileage Expenses by User: Expenditure reports generated based on users’ mileage expenses.
- Expense Policy Violations by User: Expenditure reports generated based on the expense policy violations made by the users.
- Expenses by Departments: Expenditure reports generated based on the departments available.
- Expenses by Attendee: Expenditure reports generated based on the users or contact persons who are associated as Attendees to the expenses.
- Expenses by Customer: Expenditure reports generated for all associated customers.
- Expenses by Project: Expenditure reports generated for all ongoing and completed projects within a specific period.
- Expenses by Merchant: Generates merchant-wise expenditure reports.
- Expenses by Currency: Generates currency-wise expenditure reports.
The variants of reports-based reports are:
- Expense reports details: Displays all expense reports generated within a specified time period.
- Policy Violations: Displays policy violations that occurred within a specific time period.
- Time Taken for Approval: Displays the time taken by the approvers for approving the submitted reports.
Tax based analytics is accessible only to admin users. It has the following report(s):
- Tax Summary: Displays taxes associated with expenses within a specified time period.
Only Admins can view the analytics based on Reimbursement. It is divided into:
- Reimbursement Details: Displays the reimbursement details based on parameters like currencies, users, departments and paid through accounts.
- Reimbursements by User: Displays the amount reimbursed to an employee (user) during a specified time period.
- Advances by User: Displays the advance amount received by an employee (user).
- Awaiting Reimbursements by User: Displays the amount to be reimbursed to an employee (user).
Corporate Cards-based Analytics
Only Admins can view the Corporate Cards-based analytics.
- Corporate Cards Reconciliation: Expenditure reports generated based on the corporate card spendings for a specified period.
- Trip Details: Displays the details of the trips that the employees have undertaken for a specified period.
- Trip Stage Summary: Displays the details of completed, ongoing, upcoming and canceled trips.
- Trip Summary by Report Status: Displays the details of unsubmitted, submitted, approved and reimbursed expense reports associated to a trip.
- Time Taken for Booking: Displays the time taken for booking a flight, hotel, train or bus for a business trip.
- Booking Stage Time Summary: Displays the time taken for adding an option, selecting an option and booking a ticket for a business trip.
Provides a comprehensive list of activities that are associated with every expense entry and expense report.
Customising an Analytic report
Zoho Expense allows you to customise analytic reports to get an understanding of your business expenditures.
- Go to Analytics section on the left sidebar.
- Click the analytic report you would like to view or customise.
- Click Customise Report option located on the top of the page.
- Enter date range and other parameters like users, status, merchant etc.
- Click tags if you have configured to filter details corresponding to the tags.
- Under the Show/Hide Columns, choose the columns which you would like to see after running the analytics.
- Click Run Report to view the customised analytics.
Exporting an Analytic report
In Zoho Expense, you can export your analytic report with password protection in PDF, CSV, XLS or XLSX format.
To export analytic reports:
- Click the Export As option present on the top right corner of the page.
- Select the format in which you want to export your analytic report.
- Select I want to protect this file with a password, if you want to password-protect the exported file.
- Enter your desired password.
- Click Export to export the analytic report.
You can also export your analytic report to Zoho Sheet. To export:
- Click the Export As option in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Export to Zoho Sheet and click Export.
Scheduling an Analytic report
You can schedule the analytical reports to be sent periodically as an email to multiple users at a time.
- Go to Analytics section on the left sidebar.
- Click Schedule Report located on the top of the page.
- Enter the details such as start date, time, recipients, etc.
- Choose the format in which you want your report to be attached to the email.
- Click Save to schedule the analytic report.