What information do I need to provide when submitting a Voluntary Disclosure for excise tax returns?
Your personal details such as your name, phone number, address, and the excise tax return period for which you are filing a Voluntary Disclosure will already be filled in their corresponding boxes.
- Provide the date on which you identified the error.
- If you find an error in the amount you disclosed on your previous excise tax return, navigate to Type and select the declaration’s type and reference number.
- Provide more details of the error under Description.
- If the error you are disclosing leads to a higher amount of excise payable tax you owe to the FTA, select Payable. If the error leads to an excess amount of refundable tax to you, select Refundable.
- Indicate the amount of the error.
- Provide a valid reason for submitting a Voluntary Disclosure, in the form of a letter containing a detailed description of the error.
- In the form, you can find the original disclosed excise tax return amount under “as reported.” You will be able to edit the amount labelled “as current,” which will be pre-populated with the reported amount.