Toll Free: +971 80004440824

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

 Back to FAQ

How do I know if I need to submit a Voluntary Disclosure?

If you find an error or omission in your tax return or tax assessment, and the resulting difference in the calculated Payable Tax is more than AED 10,000 for a particular period, you will have to submit a Voluntary Disclosure. You can do this by submitting Form 211, which you can find online on the FTA’s portal. 

For example, let’s suppose that you have already submitted a VAT return (Form 201) disclosing a VAT liability of AED 100,000 for the VAT period of January 1st to March 31st. Later, you realise you should have disclosed a total of AED 120,000. The difference is AED 20,000, which is more than the AED 10,000 threshold. In this situation, you will have to submit a Voluntary Disclosure for that particular VAT return. 

Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software