Toll Free: 80004440824

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

Last updated on 04 January, 2019


 Back to FAQ

What is the Tourist Refund Scheme in the UAE?

The UAE is a tourist destination. The UAE VAT law will allow tourists to claim a refund on the tax they paid on purchases made when visiting the UAE, starting from November, 2018. The tourist refund scheme is exclusively for overseas tourists visiting the UAE. Once the tourist has claimed their VAT they will receive 85% of this amount. The remaining 15% will be deducted as administration fee. With the tourist refund scheme all tourists, above the age of 18 years-old, will be able to shop tax-free.

Next 
Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software
TRY IT FOR FREE

Source: