What goods/services are liable for reverse charge in the UAE?
Reverse charge mechanism is applicable on the following:
- Import of goods/services for business purposes
- Supply of goods/services made by a supplier who does not have an established business in the UAE to a taxpayer who is based in the UAE
- Purchase of goods from a designated zone
- Purchase of crude oil or refined oil, natural gas (processed or unprocessed), or hydrocarbons for processing and resale by a registered supplier to a registered buyer in the UAE
- Supply of gold and diamonds
- Purchase of gold and diamonds for resale or further production or manufacture What else do I need to know to use the reverse charge mechanism?