Toll Free: +971 80004440824

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

 Back to FAQ

What are the conditions for the FTA to consider a refund claim for the construction of new residences?

The FTA will consider refund claims for the following supplies and services:

  • Supplies related to a newly constructed building which is to be used only as a residence by the applicants or their families.
  • Services provided by contractors, builders, architects, or engineers, and other services necessary for the construction of a residence.
  • Building materials (goods normally used by builders in a residential building or a construction site).

Goods are considered to be a part of the building if they are permanently fixed or require proper tools for their removal.

Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software