Toll Free: +971 80004440824

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

 Back to FAQ

Who is eligible to apply for a licence to rent out space for an event in the UAE?

If you own a hotel or company in the UAE, and are looking to apply for a licence to rent your space for an event, then you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be registered for VAT.
  • Your place of residence must be in the UAE.
  • Your main business must be renting out space for exhibitions or conferences. 
  • You must hold a valid trade licence issued by a government entity and your commercial activity section must be in line with renting space for exhibitions or conferences. 
  • You must own the space that you wish to rent out, or have the right to rent it out. 
  • Your venue must be registered with the government to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements to host an exhibition or conference. 
Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software