What sectors are zero rated?
Zero-rated supplies include:
- Exports of goods and services to outside the GCC.
- International and intra-GCC transport
- Supplies for certain sea, air, and land means of transportation (such as aircraft and ships).
- Supply of precious metals for investment (gold, silver, and platinum)
- Newly constructed residential properties that are supplied for the first time within three years of their construction.
- Supply of certain educational services and relevant goods and services.
- Supply of certain healthcare services and associated goods and services.
- Certain eatables (a standard list will be ratified across the GCC by the Financial and Economic Cooperation Committee)
- The oil sector and the oil and gas derivatives sector (at the discretion of each member state)
Additionally, each member state can zero rate or VAT-exempt:
- The educational sector
- The medical sector
- The real estate sector
- The local transport sector