How do I convert a bill to an invoice?
You cannot convert a bill to an invoice. However, you can convert a billable item of a bill into an invoice. Here’s how:
- Go to Purchases from the left sidebar and click Bills.
- Select the bill that you want to convert to an invoice.
- Click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select a customer from the Customer Details column in the item details table.
- You can view if its a non billable item or a billable item under the customer name. Click the option to change it to billable.
- Enter a markup percentage if required, and click Update.
- Save the bill.
- Click the More option in the top right corner of the details page for the previously edited bill.
- Click Create Invoice.
- The invoice details will be auto-populated. Preview the invoice and make the necessary changes, if any.
- Click Save.
Was this document helpful?
Let us know where we can improve
Thank you for your feedback!