Create & Send Sales Orders
- Statuses of Sales Order
- Enabling Sales Order
- Creating a New Sales Order
- Creating Sales Order from Contacts
Statuses of Sales Order
|Sales Order Status||Description|
|Draft||Sales orders when created will be in Draft status before you send it to a contact.|
|Open||Sales order once sent to a contact will be changed to Open status.|
|Closed||Once the sales order is converted as an invoice, then the status changes to Closed.|
|Void||If you mark a sales order as void, then the status will be shown as Void.|
|Partially Invoiced||When the sales order is invoiced for a part of the items in the sales order then the status will be shown as Partially Invoiced.|
|Invoiced||Once the sales order is converted as an invoice, the status will change to Invoiced status.|
Based on the Shipment date, Overdue or Due status is displayed along with the respective Shipment Date for every Sales Order.
|Shipment Date Status||Description|
|Due||Once you send a sales order to a contact, the shipment date status will be changed to Due.|
|Overdue||Once the due date for shipping is exceeded, then the shipment date status will be changed to Overdue.|
Enabling Sales Order
Navigate to the Preferences tab under the Settings page, Choose the General option from the preferences list and check the Sales Orders option from Select the modules you would like to enable and click on Save to enable sales order.
Creating a New Sales Order
- Click on the + icon either next to the Sales Order tab or the icon placed on top of the sales order window to create a new sales order.
- You will be navigated to a new window for entering the details for the new sales order to be created.
Enter the details for the customer related fields
- Under the Customer name field, you can either pick the customers from the list you have already created or you can add a new customer
After filling up the required details, click on Save to add the new customer to the sales order being created.
In the Sales Order# tab a sales order number is generated by default. If you wish to manually enter a sales order number, click on the Settings icon next to the tab and a pop-up will appear where you can select between auto-generated estimate number or manual entry of sales order numbers.
In the Shipment Date tab, you can set the date by which the product should be shipped to the customer.
In the Delivery Method tab, you can choose the way the product needs to be delivered to the customer or you can type to add.
Price List for the sales order can be selected from the price list you have already created under the price lists menu from Items tab. Learn more about Creating Price Lists.
- In the Sales Person tab, type to add a sales person or choose an already created sales person name.
Enter the item details for the sales order.
- Items can be added from the list of items shown in the drop down that are already created by you in your Zoho Books account. If you want to add a new item select the Add New Item option from the drop down which will navigate to a pop-up for filling the details for a adding a new item. Learn more about Creating New Items
To add another item, click on Add another line option.
Enter the Quantity, Rate and Tax if applicable from the drop down. Tax drop down shows only the taxes you created in the settings tab under taxes section. Learn more about Taxes.
Enter the Discount rate, Shipping Charges and Adjustments if applicable.
You can enter the Customer Notes and Terms & Conditions for the sales order. This will be carried forward while converting the sales order into an invoice.
- You can also change the Template of the sales order, by clicking on Change and select another template.
P.S: Templates can be customized by navigating to Setting > More Settings >Templates and choosing from the sales order templates. Learn more about associating templates to specific contact.
- Now click on Save as Draft to save the new sales order in draft state, Save and Send to save the sales order as open and the sales order will also be sent to the contact.
Creating a Sales Order from Contacts
Navigate to the Contacts tab and click on a specific contact to whom you wish to create a sales order for.
Above the Contact window, you will find a New Transaction button placed.
Click on the New Transaction button and select Sales Order, a new window will appear for creating a new sales order for that specific contact.
Now you can follow the procedure to successfully create a sales order for the contact.
After creating the new sales order, you will be able to find the sales order in draft under the Sales Orders tab.
Send the sales order to your customer by clicking on the Mail icon placed on top of the sales order window.