The payments you make to your Vendors in exchange for a supply can be recorded in the Payments Made module of Zoho Books. Each time a payment is made to your Vendor, you record a receipt for the payment with details such as date, payment mode and amount. This lets you track the money moving out of your business.
You can also view the payments made to your vendors from the Bills tab. Click the particular Bill and navigate to the Payments Made tab present near the Comments and History tab to view details of the payment alongside the Bill.
Recording the payments in Zoho Books is easy. Even if you forget how much you owe to your vendor, Zoho Books gives you the exact log of payments to be made and keeps you updated.
There may be cases where you might have received a Bill from your vendor and you can choose to make partial payments for the same. So each time you record a payment in Zoho Books, the amount due gets automatically adjusted. So, while Zoho Books takes care of your cash, you can take care of your business.
To record a Payment:
- Navigate to the Payments Made module from the Purchases dropdown.
- Click the ‘+’ button adjacent to Payments Made or click the + New button on the top-right corner of the window.
- Enter the details of the Bill in the Record Payments page.
|Vendor Name||The vendor to whom the payment is made.|
|Amount||The amount paid.|
|Payment Date||The date on which the payment is recorded.|
|Payment Mode||The mode of money payment.|
|Paid Through||The account from which money is paid.|
|Reference#||Reference number for the payment, if any.|
- Enter the amount in the payments table. You can also choose to pay the entire balance by clicking Pay in Full.
- Click Save.
The other actions that you can do in this module of Zoho Books are as follows. You will be able to find the other actions section at the top of every transaction. The following are the actions:
Edit - Click the Pencil icon to edit a payment.
Attach file- Click the Paperclip icon to attach any documents to the receipts.
Print - Print a copy of the payment receipt by clicking the Print icon.
PDF - Download and save a copy of the payment receipt simply clicking the PDF icon.
Custom Views are specific views to list your payments, based on your criteria. For example, you might want to view a payment on a selected date. With Custom Views, you can simply create this filter, set criteria and use it to classify data.
To create one,
- Go to the Payments Made module.
- Under the Filters drop down (from the top left) select + New Custom View.
- In the following page, type an appropriate Name, define the Criteria and select the Column Preferences.
- Click Save.Your new custom field will now be listed under Created By Me in the dropdown.
- You can Edit/Delete the custom view you created by clicking the Pencil icon near the Filters dropdown.
- Make your changes and click Save.
- Click Delete to delete a custom view.