As soon as your business accounting period comes to a close, all your sales and purchase transactions must have been reconciled with your bank account statements. At this time it’s quite common for business owners to ask for a feature to freeze the previous transactions from editing, deleting or adding any new transactions. Transaction Locking comes in handy for such instances.
To enable transaction locking:
- Go to Accountant tab on the left navigation bar.
- Click on Transaction Locking.
- Select Enable Transaction Locking.
- Enter the Lock Date, i.e. the date prior to which you want the transactions to be locked.
- Enter a Reason for your reference.
- Click Save.
Now transactions prior to the date will be locked.
To view the report of your transaction locking activities:
- Go to Reports on the left navigation bar.
- Under the Activity module select Exception Report and run the report with the appropriate date range criteria.