A verification code is a unique code that gets generated for your account when you sign in to your Zoho account.
You can receive the verification codes in any one of the following ways:
- Get a verification code in your Zoho OneAuth app.
- Receive a verification code to your mobile device via an SMS text message.
- Receive a verification code via a call to your mobile device.
- Get a verification code in your Google Authenticator app.
If you did not receive the verification code, then try to use the Resend option to send the verification code. Depending on the mobile service provider, SMS text messages may take some time to reach your device.
Backup verification codes can be used when you have setup Two-Factor Authentication on your account and do not have access to your phone. You can either print it, download it as text, or send the codes to your personal email address. You must keep these codes safe. This will help you access your Zoho account when you don't have your mobile device with you or you have no internet on your mobile device.
- Click on the Two Factor Authentication tab on your home screen, then click Manage Backup Verification Codes
- A set of backup codes will be listed and you can click Save as text to save it locally.
- If required, you can print the backup codes and keep it safe.
- These codes are one-time use only and can be used in place of a verification code when you sign in to your account
In case you want to regenerate the backup codes, click Generate new codes, which will delete the existing codes and generate a new set of backup codes.
After entering your login credentials to sign-in to your account, click Can't access your phone? in the sign-in verification code page and enter one of the backup codes to sign-in to your account.
Note: If your phone is unavailable, these codes will be the only way to sign-in to your account. Therefore, make sure to keep them in a secure and accessible place. In case you have lost the backup codes, please contact Zoho Accounts support.