If you select a blank survey start by adding questions to your survey.
If you select a survey template, use the Survey Editor to make changes to the template if required to bring out the style you need for your survey.
Create questions easily with survey editor.
Each survey project has an objective which means that it is important to decide how to get your information. For this, there are various question types available with Zoho Survey. For more information on question types click here. Steps to create questions and make changes are detailed below:
To add a question
- Click on add question
- Choose question type e.g. Star Rating
- Type out a question in the question text box
- Based on the question type, you need to indicate or type your answer choices
For more details on the question types/answer choice models visit this page
- To make a question mandatory to answer, tick the check box against require an answer to this. The require error message appears
- Require error message – If required you can edit or type out a new message in the box. This message will appear when respondents try to move to the next question without providing an answer which is mandatory.
- Click Save
Note: You can change the question type by clicking on the dropdown at “Change Question Type”
- The choices for change are related to the question type you have selected. For e.g If you selected Rating scale (multiple choice) as the question type, you can change it to variants in the multiple choice type questions only. Select an option from the drop down.
1) To insert a question
- Hover over the question above or below which you want to insert a new question
- Click on Insert question
- Select the type of question you would like to add
2) To edit a question or answer choice
- Hover over the question that needs to be edited
- Click on edit
- Edit question and/or answer choices
3) To copy a question
To use a question multiple times on your survey in different pages, you can copy the question
- Hover over the question that needs to be copied
- Click on copy
- Select where you want to put the question
- Click on Paste here button
4) To move a question
Once questions are created there's no reason why you can't change the order of your questions on the survey
- Hover over the question that needs to be moved
- Click on move
- Scroll to where you want to move the question
- Click on Move here button
5) To delete a question
To remove questions from the survey, use delete
- Hover over the question that needs to be deleted
- Click on delete
- In the dialog box that appears, click yes, delete this item
Add pages to organize your survey using Survey editor
1. To add a page
- Click on Add page
- Type your page name
- Give the page a description.
- Click Save
2.Hover over the icons to select an action.
To edit a page
Make changes to your page at any time. Hover over the icons on the right hand side to select an action.
- Click on the pencil icon
- Edit title and description
- Click Save
To copy a page
When you want to duplicate a page that you create you can copy the page.
- Click on the copy icon
- Look for the area where you want your page to be
- Click on the Paste here button
To move a page
The order of survey pages can be changed by moving them.
- Click on the Move icon
- Scroll to the area to where you want to move the page
- Click on the Move here button
To delete a page
To remove a page from your survey, use delete
- Click on the x icon
- In the dialog box that appears, click on 'Yes, delete'
To edit survey title
To change the survey title, follow these simple steps
- Click on the pencil icon by the side of the Survey Title
- Type out the new title in the bar
- Hit Enter
To View all your Surveys
View a list of all your published and unpublished surveys under My Surveys when you login to Zoho Survey. Access all your created surveys from here.
While editing a survey you can access all your surveys by clicking on My Survey.
Hover over a survey from the list to Edit, Preview, View Report or Trash the Survey.
To Trash Surveys
When you have unused surveys, you can use the Trash option to trash them. Unlike in the case of conventional Delete option, you will be able to retrieve trashed surveys whenever you need them.
Trashing a survey is easy, just move the mouse pointer over the survey's name and click Trash option on your right.
You can find all of your trashed surveys in Trash under the Filter By option.
Here you will be able to either Restore or Delete your survey permanently.
Note that once deleted from Trash, a survey cannot be retrieved.