Access by Invite
A user can access the customer portal after they accept the invitation sent by the administrator.
To access the Customer Portal, follow the steps given below:
- Click the link provided in the customer-portal invitation that was sent to your registered e-mail ID
- Log in using your Zoho credentials.
- If you do not have an account, then you have to create an account with Zoho.
- Click Continue Signing In
- Make changes about your details, if required
- Click Update
- Click Continue
- You will be logged into the Customer Portal.
Access by Direct Sign-up
A user can access the customer portal by directly signing up for it from the appropriate portal URL. To self sign-up for a portal, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the portal URL you intend to sign-up for. The URL would look something like this - https://support.companyname.com/portal/<portalname>/HomePage.do
- In the Customer Portal homepage, click Signup located towards your right
- Enter your Name followed by your E-mail address
- You would be asked to complete a Captcha to let us know that you're human
- Click Signup
Forgot Password! How to Reset?
If you can't remember your password for the customer portal, you could always reset the same. To reset your password and continue using Customer Portal, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the portal URL you intend to log-in into. The URL would look something like this - https://support.companyname.com/portal/<portalname>/HomePage.do
- In the Customer Portal homepage, click Reset located towards your right
- Enter your E-mail Address and complete a Captcha
- Click Submit
- Check your e-mail inbox. You should receive a message to your account's e-mail address
- Click the reset link in that email to choose your new password
Customer Portal User's Tasks
You can now add requests and search the knowledge base for solutions using the customer-portal link provided in your invitation e-mail. However, to view and track the status of your requests, you will have to log in to your account.
The customer portal enables users to add requests from their Web site, view the status of their requests as well as the status of all the requests that belong to their account, search for solutions in the knowledge base built by support representatives.
When a user logs into the Customer Portal, they can see the following details:
- Status of their requests
- Recent and most-viewed forum posts and solutions
- Search bar for solutions
Customers can complete the following tasks when they access the Web portal:
You can add requests from the homepage.
To add requests from the homepage, follow the steps given below:
- Click Submit a Request
- Click Select Template to use a predefined request template
- Enter a contact name
- Select a department from the pick list Enter a subject line for the request
- Enter information regarding your request
- Select a product
- Set a priority
- Add attachments, if any
- Click Save
Tracking the Status of Your Requests
You can track the status of your requests in the Customer Portal. In the Requests page, you can view all your requests. You can also use a filter to view only open requests or closed requests. You can view the date on which the request was created, the department it is related to and the priority that is assigned to it.
To view the status of your requests, follow the steps given below:
- To track the status of your requests you have to log in to the Customer Portal.
- Click My Requests
- Click on a request to view its details
Searching for Requests
You can search for requests from the My Tickets page. You can base your search on the the following:
- Request ID
- Subject of the request
- Priority assigned to the request
- E-mail ID from which the request was sent
Solutions and Forums
You can view the Solutions and Forums section in the Customer Portal. The Solutions and Forums section, lists the following widgets:
- Most Discussed Forums: Lists the topics that are most discussed in the forums
- Recent Forums: Lists the topics which were recently posted in the forums
- Most Viewed Articles: Lists the most-viewed solutions
- Recent Articles: Lists the recently-posted solutions
- Forums will be displayed in the Customer Portal only if you have activated the Forums Add-on for your subscription.
Searching for Solutions
You can search for solutions either from the Homepage or from the Solutions page. You will be able to view the most-viewed articles and the recent articles by default.
Using the Search Bar
Customers can search for an article in the Customer Portal using the Search bar. When you search for solutions, results will include solutions from all the departments of your organization. You can search either search for articles related to a specific department or articles related to a specific topic.
Customers can also view the comments and attachments related to the articles that are displayed in their search results.
Creating and Tracking Forum Posts
Users can create forum posts through the Customer Portal.
To create forum posts, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the Customer Portal
- Click the Forums tab
- Click New Topic
- Choose the type of forum post you want to create
- Enter a title for the forum post
- Enter the text for the forum post
- Select the forum that you want your post published in
- Select a sub-forum, if applicable
- Add attachments, if required
- Enter the required tags related to your post
- Enter e-mail IDs that you want send the forum post to
- Click Publish
You can save your post as a draft and publish it later. You can also preview it before posting it.