You can set permissions for users to access the customer portal, submit requests and browse through solutions. The permissions that are available are:
- All customers can access the Customer Portal: When you enable this option, anyone can access the Customer Portal using the customer-portal URL to submit requests and search for solutions in the knowlege base. However, they will require to log in using their credentials if they want to track the status of their requests.
- Only registered customers can access the Customer Portal: When you enable this option, the user is redirected to the login page. They are required to log in to submit requests, track the status of their requests and access the knowledge base.
It is possible for you to allow users to view all the requests that belong to their account. They can track and reply to all the tickets submitted from their organization.
To set permissions for users to access the customer portal, follow the steps given below:
- Click Setup
- In the Customer Portal section, click Access Settings
- In the Permission section, select one of the following options:
- All customers can access the customer portal
- Only registered customers can access the customer portal
- Select whether you want to allow contacts to view all requests related to their account
- If you have activated te Forums add-on for your subscription, you can set permissions to display Forums in the customer portal. The permissions are updated immediately.
Customizing Add Request Widget and Tab
The Add Request widget and the Submit a Request tab can be customized to be visible or invisible in the homepage of the customer portal. The following table lists the various scenarios in which the tabs and widgets will be shown or hidden. You can also customize when a customer will be asked for his login credentials to add or submit a request in the customer portal.