You can set permissions for users to access the customer portal, submit tickets and browse through solutions. The permissions that are available are:
- All customers can access the Customer Portal: When you enable this option, anyone can access the Customer Portal using the customer-portal URL to submit tickets and search for solutions in the knowlege base. However, they will require to log in using their credentials if they want to track the status of their tickets.
- Only registered customers can access the Customer Portal: When you enable this option, the user is redirected to the login page. They are required to log in to submit tickets, track the status of their tickets and access the knowledge base.
It is possible for you to allow users to view all the tickets that belong to their account. They can track and reply to all the tickets submitted from their organization.
To set permissions for users to access the customer portal, follow the steps given below:
- Click Setup
- In the Channels section, click Customer Portal and then click Access Settings
- In the Permission section, select one of the following options:
- All customers can access the customer portal
- Only registered customers can access the customer portal
- Select whether you want to allow contacts to view all tickets related to their account
- If you have activated Forums add-on for your subscription, you can set permissions to display Forums in the customer portal. The permissions are updated immediately.
Customizing Add Ticket Widget and Tab
The Add Ticket widget and the Submit a Ticket tab can be customized to be visible or invisible in the homepage of the customer portal. The following table lists the various scenarios in which the tabs and widgets will be shown or hidden. You can also customize when a customer will be asked for his login credentials to add or submit a ticket in the customer portal.