When customers require a solution to problems they are facing or have queries about a service or a product provided they send requests to the customer-support personnel related to that service or product. There are different modes of sending requests to customer-support teams. For example, you can send a request using a Web form, using e-mail or over the telephone. Zoho Support provides options to log details of a request originating from any of the modes mentioned above.
Modes of Adding Requests
You can create a new request using any of the following modes:
- Sending e-mails with details of the request to the customer-support team. This e-mail is automatically converted into a new request in Zoho Support.
- Call the support representative and explain the nature of your request. The support representative manually feeds the details into the request database through the Web-based New Request form available in the Request module.
- Access the customer-support portal, fill up the New Request form and submit your request.
- Create a Web-to-Request form and have it installed in your website to have your customer inputs created as requests in Zoho Support.
To add a request follow the steps given below:
- Log in to ZohoSupport
- Click Add Request
- In the Add Request page, do the following:
- Select template if you have already created a Request Template. The request form then displays pre-filled values. Just do required changes and click Save to create a request. If you have not created a template, continue with the below steps.
- Select the department that you want to send the request to (if you configured a custom department).
- Enter the name of the contact
- If the contact exists, the Email and Phone fields are filled automatically when you select the contact. However, if the contact does not exist, enter the Email ID and Phone number of the contact.
- Enter an appropriate subject line related to the request
- Enter a description about the request.
- Select the status of the request
- Enter the name of the product that is related to the request
- If you have already created the product, it appears in the drop down as you type which you can select.You can click to look up and select a specific product. However, if you have not added the product, it is created automatically when you enter the name in the field provided.
- Assign a owner for the request by selecting a support agent from the drop down list. For more information, see Support Representative.
- Specify a due date and time by which the request should be resolved
- Set a priority for the ticket and select the channel through which it was received
- Select the category that the request belongs to. For example, Defects
- Also choose the sub-category, if required. For example, Solutions
- You can also add attachmentsrelated to the request.
- Add multiple attachments. The size of the total number of attachments must not exceed 10 MB. The total attachment size is limited to 100 MB for the Free edition and is unlimited for paid editions.
- Make attachments visible to customers or hide them from customers. Using the Display in customer self service portal checkbox, you can make an attachment visible to customers. You can uncheck this box to hide attachments from customers. Refer to the figure below.
- In the Requests Detail view, you can add multiple attachments using the Attachments tab. Each attachment is limited to 10 MB. You can show or hide attachments from customers, as required. Refer to the figure below.