Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my content secure ?
Zoho doesn't permanently store your data. When you open a document in SharePoint, a copy of your document is transferred with a strong 256-bit encryption to our Zoho servers temporarily and is available for Viewing/Editing. The document is deleted from our servers as soon as you close the document in Sharepoint.
- Will Zoho keep a copy of my document ?
Your documents are not stored permanently on Zoho.As soon as Zoho Office editor is closed, the document is deleted from the Zoho servers.
- Will I still be able to open my files in Microsoft Offfice or Open/Star Office ?
Sure, when content is saved, it is saved in the original format it was created.
- What about Microsoft® SharePoint® permissions ?
Microsoft SharePoint permissions are respected. Users cannot share a document from the Zoho interface to users who do not have access to the document in Microsoft SharePoint. Also the option to view, edit or create a document is shown based on the user permissions.
- What will happen after the trial expires ?
When the trial expires, you will either need to uninstall the plug-in or purchase a license. You will always continue to be able to access your documents in their native formats regardless of using Zoho Office for SharePoint or not.
- Will I still have access to my documents if I decide to un-install the plugin?
- What is the difference between Zoho Office for SharePoint and Zoho Office ?
Zoho Office is a set of tools that are accessed over the web. When you use Zoho Office, your files are securely stored on Zoho's servers. When you use Zoho Office for SharePoint, you get access to the same award-winning functionality that Zoho Office has, but your documents are stored inside Microsoft SharePoint.
- What do I need to install Zoho Office for SharePoint ?
Please see our download
page for requirements and steps. You'll need Administrator privileges.
- Do I need to buy licenses for all my Microsoft SharePoint users ?
No. You'll only use licenses for those users who use the Zoho Office for SharePoint functionality.
- Do I need to buy Microsoft Office licenses for these Microsoft SharePoint users ?
No. Zoho Office for Microsoft SharePoint gives both editing and viewing capability of office documents (.doc, .xls, .ppt and more).
- Do you support Microsoft SharePoint v1 (i.e. Microsoft SharePoint Team Services) ?
Zoho Office for Microsoft SharePoint is available only for Microsoft SharePoint v2 (2003) and v3 (2007). It is not available for Microsoft SharePoint Team Services and we do not expect to support it. For more questions or support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I register during/after trial period ?
You will need to first generate a license file from here
To apply the license,
- Log-in to SharePoint Central Administration and click Operations->Global Configuration->Zoho Office Settings.
- Under 'Register Zoho Office' click Browse and select the license.
- Click on 'Register' to apply the license.
- How can I collaborate on a document with multiple users ?
By default the documents are opened for editing in collaboration mode. The document is checked out to the user who opens it first. Other users who open the document can collaboratively contribute to the document. Only the first user can save the content back in to the Sharepoint library.
- What are the other ways I can collaboratively work on my documents ?
Along with collaboratively editing the document you can chat with other users from inside the Zoho Office editor.
- Can I create new documents ?
Yes you can create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations. To create a new document, select Document or Spreadsheet or Presentation menu item under the New menu of a document library.
© 2012 ZOHO Corp, Inc. All rights reserved
Microsoft, Encarta, MSN, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
ZOHO Corp is not affiliated or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.