Zoho Reports App for Zapier
Zapier is a Web Automation app that helps you connect with other complementary apps side by side. The Zoho Reports app for Zapier enables you to connect and extract data from over 500+ other online applications.
Setting up Zoho Reports app for Zapier
Post this you may choose the apps you wish to add. You can add a maximum of 5 apps in a free plan, in case you wish to upgrade you can refer to Zapier`s Pricing page.
Once you have selected the apps you can start creating your Zap by clicking Make a Zap button on the top. But, there are certain terms used in Zapier that you must be familiar with before you go ahead and create your zap.
- A Zap is nothing but a link between two apps.
- A Trigger is the event that starts a Zap. For example, if you want to automate sending a text message each time your receive an email, the "new email in inbox" is the Trigger.
- An Action is the event that completes a Zap. For example, if you're sending that text message, each time you receive an email, the "send text message" is the Action.
- You can refer to this Zapier Help Documentation to know about the various terms used by Zapier.
- As of now, you cannot use Zoho Reports as a Trigger. You can only use it as an Action.
To make a Zap, follow the steps below:
- You need to give a name to your Zap first.
- Choose a Trigger app (For example - Sugar CRM).
- Choose a Trigger case.
- Connect to your trigger account.
- Test the setup.
Like already said, Zoho Reports can be used only as an action.
- Choose Zoho Reports as the action app.
- Currently, we provide only one action item - Add Row.
- Click Save + Continue.
- In this step, click Connect a New Account.
- Enter the Admin Email id. Inorder to generate an authtoken click on the link. Copy the authtoken that opens in a seperate tab and paste it in this window.
- Click Yes, continue.
- Click Test, next to the account name.
- If the authentication is successful, you will get a success message as shown below. Click Save + Continue.
- In this step select the database name and table name from the drop down menu. It is also mandatory that you assign the columns for all the required fields.
- It is necessary that you create a blank table in the database where you wish to update the data.
- In case there is a date column which must be updated, you must mention the date format in the (optional) section (click to know the supported formats).
- Click Continue.
- A page opens displaying all the inputs that you have given, click Create & Continue to test your account.
- Click Finish.
- Turn on your Zap.
- You are now done creating your Zap.
- Your data will now get added into Zoho Reports. Given below is a sample data added into Zoho Reports from SugarCRM.
- The data that gets added after setting up the zap, will only get updated in Zoho Reports.