Zoho Reports Mobile BI for Android Tablets
- Supported Android Tablets
- Installing Zoho Reports Mobile BI
- Working with Zoho Reports Mobile BI
- Sharing Views
Zoho Reports Mobile BI is a native application that enables you to access and interact with your reports & dashboards from your Android tablets. This application is available for free at Google Play Store.
With the mobile BI app, you & your colleagues can access the reports & dashboards that you create in Zoho Reports service, on the go. The app enables you to interact with your data and reports, keep track of your key performance metrics, and helps you take informed business decisions, all, while on-the-move.
The Zoho Reports Mobile BI application allows you to do the following:
- Interact and explore reports through an immersive touch experience through actions like drill down, user filters, view underlying data and much more
- Analyze the reports and dashboards that you have created
- Collaborate with your colleagues
- Bookmark frequently accessed views as favorite
- Easily access and traverse across your reports through visual previews, powerful search and a variety of view customization options
- Zoho Reports account (including free version)
- Internet connectivity (cellular or Wi-Fi connection)
- Android Tablets (Version 4.1 and above)
The Zoho Reports app is supported for tablets with version 4.1 and above.
Zoho Reports Mobile BI can be easily downloaded and installed on your android tablet.
To install Zoho Reports from the App Store
- You can access Zoho Reports-Mobile BI app from the Google Play Store
- Click Install. The application will get automatically installed.
- You will be prompted to log in. Specify your Zoho Reports credentials.
- In case you have enabled two-factor authentication for your account, you will have to verify your account using a verification code, which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- On successful authentication, you will be allowed to access your Zoho Reports account.
Using the Zoho Reports Mobile BI application you can view, interact and collaborate your reports and dashboards on the go. In this section, we are going to learn about accessing databases, reports, and dashboards.
Upon signing into your account in your Android tablet, you will be able to view all the reports that you have created in your organization. Described below are each of the tabs that you can access from the application home page.
- My Databases will list all the reporting databases that you have created in your organization.
- Shared Databases will list the databases that are shared to your account.
- You can favorite the frequently used databases by clicking on the star icon next to the database name in the homepage. These databases will be listed in the Favorites tab in the home page.
- You can also search for databases using the Search option in the top right corner.
- The Settings icon allows you to send us your feedback. You can log out of the application by tapping the logout icon next to the account name.
Accessing Database Views Explorer
Tapping the reporting database will open it listing the views available in it. Zoho Reports offers various categorization options, that will allow you to easily access the views in the database. Views in the Zoho Reports Mobile BI application are categorized as Types, Folders, Related Views, Recent Views and Favorite.
Types: Views will be grouped by its type like dashboards, reports, data. This will group all the charts together under Charts, pivots under Pivots etc.,. Selecting the group name will display all the views in it.
Folders: Views will be grouped into folders as you have organized online in your Zoho Reports account. Tapping the folder name will display all the views in it.
Related Views: Related reports will be grouped together i.e., reports will be grouped under the base table over which it was created.
Favorites: Reports that you mark as favorites will be listed here. You can favorite the required reports using the star icon adjacent to the view name.
Recent Views: Reports that you recently accessed from this database will be listed here.
It is mandatory to get connected to the Internet to access the reports. When offline you can only view the database and views list. You cannot open the actual report.
- Tooltip: You can view the chart tooltip by tapping the corresponding data point.
- View Underlying Data: You can view the underlying data of a data point by double tapping on the data point and then by selecting View Underlying Data.
- Drill Down: You can drill down a data point by double tapping on it. You can either drill down using the path that you have set for the chart by selecting the Drill down option or tap Drill down By and select the column by which you wish to drill down.
- Legend: Using the Legend option you can dynamically filter the data series in a chart by selecting/deselecting the corresponding legend item.
- Dynamic User Filters: You can dynamically filter the reports using the User filters created in the report.
- Refresh: You can refresh the report using the icon at the top right.
Tables, Query Tables, Pivots, Tabular and Summary Views
When it comes to a Table, Query Table, Pivot, Tabular or a Summary Views, the Mobile application allows you to interact with the reports in terms of sorting, viewing the underlying data and navigate across the view.
- Sorting: On tapping the header you will see a sorting icon which can be used to sort the column in the desired order. The up arrow indicates sorting in a descending order and the down arrow indicates sorting in an ascending order.
- View Underlying Data: You can access the underlying data of a specific point by double tapping the data point (applicable only for Pivots and Summary Views)
- Navigation: You can navigate across the table by swiping through the rows. You can also navigate to the top and bottom of the table using the navigation bar displayed at the bottom right.
Interacting with the Views in a Dashboard
A typical dashboard in your Zoho Reports mobile BI application for Android tablets will look as shown below. Tapping on a view in the dashboard will highlight it. You can perform operations such as accessing tooltip, applying user filters, view underlying data, drill down, legend filtering and sorting as you do for individual views.
- Change Chart type: You can change the chart type by taping the chart and selecting the bar icon in the top right corner of the chart. Please note that these changes cannot be saved.
You can collaborate with your users or colleagues by sharing your reports and dashboards as required from your Android device. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the required view.
- Tap the Share icon in the top right corner. The Sharing option will open.
- Specify the email address of the users with whom you wish to share.
- Set the necessary permissions that is to be granted for the user. For more details on the granting permissions, refer to the Granting Permission section.
- You can customize the email to be sent by tapping the Edit mail option
- Tap Share.