Import option is one of the important features in an applicant tracking system. Importing records is a regular activity of a recruiter. In Zoho Recruit you can import job openings, candidates, clients and client contacts, if you are authorized to perform this operation. Otherwise, the Import link in a module's home page will be hidden in the user interface.
Before importing the data, please go through the following checklist:
- Permission: Make sure you have the access and privilege to import data. If you do not have the privilege, the Import link will be hidden in the user interface.
- File Format: The supported formats are XLS and CSV.
- Forbidden Characters: File to be imported should not contain any special character within it.
- Mandatory fields: The required (mandatory) fields must contain a value. Make sure you do not leave the mandatory fields blank, in the XLS/CSV file. Do not proceed to the next step without mapping the mandatory fields.
- Field Names: Make sure the first row of data (records) in the XLS/CSV file contains the column headings or field names rather than actual data values. These heading/ field name values help identify the data when you map the new data to the existing fields in Zoho Recruit.
- Date format: The date value for the import data file must be in the given date formats.
- File Size: Make sure the file size (Import data) does not exceed 5MB.
- XLS files: In case of XLS file, only MS Excel 97 - 2003 formats are suppported. Unexpected errors may occur if the XLS files contain any special controls like combo filters or images embedded in it.
- Import limits: You can upload upto 1000 records at a time.
- Click the [Module] tab.
- In the [Module] Home page, click Import [Module].
- In the Import wizard page do the following:
- Click Browse to locate the required file that is to be imported.
- For duplicate records, click any of the options (skip , overwrite, clone).
- Click Import
- Map Fields:
- Associate the fields in CSV/XLS file column header with the corresponding [Module] fields in Zoho Recruit (Mandatory fields should be properly mapped)
- Click Import
- File/Image Upload field:
If you have "File/Image Upload" fields in the form, please follow the steps below: For example, say you have "Attach Resume" field.
- In your XLS or CSV file, create a seperate column for "Attach Resume" field and name it as "Attachment" (user defined).
- Under the column "Attachment" enter the file names.
- All files under the "Attachment" should be created as a single Zip file.
- Browse the Zip file in the second page of the Import wizard (Details Mapping).
* Module refers to Job Openings, Candidates, Clients and Client Contacts tab.