Zoho People gives you the ability to control what your users can and cannot access. Administrators can manage user access by giving specific access permissions to specific set of users. Role is a special field in the 'Employee' form.
By default, there are 5 roles in Zoho People. They are as follows:
- Administrators - Admin users are at the top of the hierarchy. They have all the privileges.
- Team Incharge
- Team Member
Apart from these roles, you can also add other roles that are required for your organization and assign it to your employees.
How do I add new roles?
- Log in as 'Admin'.
- Click 'Setup' at the top of the page.
- Click 'Permissions' under 'Users & Permissions'.
- Click 'Configure Roles'.
- Click 'Add New Role'.
- Specify the role name and clone role, if needed.
- Click 'Create'.
How do I assign roles to my employees?
- Log in as Admin.
- Navigate to 'Organization' tab and click 'Employee' link.
- Scroll your mouse over the user whom you would like to assign a role.
- A tiny 'Settings' icon will appear on the left side next to the employee photo.
- Click "Edit'.
- Edit the Role field and choose the required role for the employee.
- Click 'Save'.