Invite other businesses to Zoho Mail. Get up to 15 bonus users
Already using Zoho Mail as your business email service and loving it? Spread the word, invite other businesses to our email service
For every referred business that signs up and hosts their email with Zoho Mail, we'll add 5 bonus users (mailboxes) to BOTH of your business accounts, free forever
Get up to 15 bonus users through your first 3 successful referrals
Many budding entrepreneurs (may be some of your friends) are building new startups everyday, seeking services that do not compromise on quality, given their modest budgets.
Zoho.com is all about affordable, top quality online applications for business. We believe word of mouth in the best way to reach out to small businesses and any day better than any ads with words.
That is why, we prefer to rather invest in motivating you to spread the word about Zoho Mail. With this two-way bonus arrangement:
1) You get a good number of free bonus mailboxes. So you do not have to pay for more email users when your business expands and new employees come in.
2) Your (our) small business friends get a good deal, even when they sign up for the Free plan. They can get started with 15 free users (10 default free + 5 bonus users), straight away.
3) And Zoho Mail will get the best reach possible.
It's a win-win for all. So go ahead, send invitations now, spread the word.
Simply put, when a business that is already using Zoho Mail successfully invites another business to Zoho Mail, we'll add 5 bonus users (5GB storage /user) to both the business accounts.
An invitation is successful when the invited business signs up for a Zoho Mail, hosted email plan and points its domain's MX records to Zoho Mail servers. Here is a more detailed illustration of a successful referral cycle:
- Email administrator of business A, an existing Zoho Mail customer, sends an invtitation containing a unique referral code to a friend in business B.
- Business B signs up for a Zoho Mail hosted email plan. For example, let's say the Free plan that offers 10 users free by default.
- The email administrator of business B points the MX records of business B's domain to Zoho Mail servers.
- The email administrator of business B completes the steps in the Claim Bonus Users section in the control panel.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business A's email account.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business B's account, in addition to the default 10 free users included in the Free plan, giving a total of 15 free users.
I am the email administrator of a business currently using Zoho Mail. How do I send invitations to my friends?
Go to your Zoho Mail Control Panel - only accessible by email administrators - and click Bonus Users on the left pane of options. Enter the email addresses of your friends in the Invite by Email edit box and hit Send Invitation. That's it.
I received an email invitation to try Zoho Mail. What should I do next?
- Select and sign up for a Zoho Mail, hosted email plan (IMPORTANT: During sign up, please use the email id where you recieved the invitation).
- Add your business domain and verify ownership to it.
- Point MX records of your domain to Zoho Mail servers.
- Go to Bonus Users section of the control panel, select Claim Bonus Users on the right pane.
- Provide the 3 basic details requested and click Verify and Credit.
- Once verified, 5 bonus users will be added to your business account, in addition to what comes with the plan you signed up for.
- Simultaneously 5 bonus users will be added to the referrer's business account.
Note: Once a referrer sends an invitation, bonus users will be credited to referrer's account only when the invited business completes the steps to claim bonus users from their end. So the control rests with the invited business in completing the crediting process.
In case you face difficulties in this automatic crediting process, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many invitations can I send? Is there a limit to the number of bonus users I can get?
You can send any number of invitations. However, once three businesses you sent invitations to, sign up and point their MX records to Zoho Mail, you would have gained 5x3 = 15 bonus users. This is the maximum the no. of bonus users you can get.
What other conditions have to be met to get the referral bonus users?
All that we look for is whether a user is genuinely inviting another legitimate business to Zoho Mail. The following basic credibility conditions have to be met to get the bonus users added to both accounts:
- The referral will be considered valid to earn free user bonus in Zoho Mail, only after the referred domain's MX entries are pointed to Zoho Mail Servers and not for a mere sign up.
- The domains which you refer should be genuine and should have credible email activity. If the referred domain switch the MX records away from Zoho Mail within 1 month of sign up or if it does not have regular activity, the free user licenses earned for referrer will be cancelled.
- The primary domains with important TLDs (extensions) like .biz, .com, .edu, .gov, .info, .mobi, .net, .org, .co etc and country specific TLDs (extensions) like .us, .uk, in, .fr will only be considered for free user bonuses.
- The free user licenses will be updated in both the accounts when the referrer forwards the original invitation to email@example.com to claim the bonus users.