Zoho Exchange/ Outlook Migration Wizard
Zoho Email Migration Wizard helps you migrate your Organization's entire email data from Microsoft Exchange, PST File or EML files to your Zoho Mail Accounts, under the Organization to which you have Super Admin access. The users can continue using their accounts during Migration. Bulk migration can be easily done when using the Migration Wizard.
Preferably you can use the POP / IMAP Migration tool in the Control Panel itself, if your emails are available in the Server and your account supports IMAP or POP access.
With this Exchange tool, Email migration can be done from:
- Microsoft Exchange Server - Administrator can migrate Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes from source accounts in Exchange Servers to Zoho Mail Accounts of users.
- Hosted Exchange - Administrators can use the migration tool on their local servers.
- PST files - Administrators can migrate multiple PST files to the respective accounts of the users , or the users themselves can migrate their PST files to their accounts.
- EML files - Administrators can migrate EML files archived in Zip format to the respective accounts of the users, or the users themselves can migrate their EML Zip files to their accounts
Pre-requisites to install the Wizard
The following run times should be installed in the system before installing the Zoho Migration Wizard.
- If the client Machine is 32 bit system:
- Microsoft .Net 2.0 Run Time : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
- J# (J Sharp) run time, with version compatible to the .Net 2.0 run time listed above : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f72c74b3-ed0e-4af8-ae63-2f0e42501be1&displaylang=en
- If the client Machine is 64 bit system:
- J# (J Sharp) run time with version compatible to the .Net 2.0 that come pre-installed in the system : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15468
The Migration Wizard has to be run on a Microsoft Windows Client Machine with Microsoft Outlook 2003 or above installed. (For migrating from Exchange Server or PST)
- The above run times are available free for download subject to the Terms and Conditions mentioned in the respective URLs.
Install the Migration Wizard
The installation process for the Wizard is a One time process for a system, On successful installation, the Administrator can execute the Wizard any number of times as required. Before proceeding with the installation
- Download the ZohoMigrationInstaller.exe from the location URL by the Zoho.
- Double click on the EXE file to begin installation of Wizard.
- The default install folder is ‘C:\Zoho\Zoho Mail Migration Wizard’
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete
- A shortcut ‘Zoho Mail Migration Wizard’ will be placed in the desktop, for ease of access.
Pre-requisites to execute the Wizard
- The Migration Wizard has to be run on a Microsoft Windows Client Machine with Microsoft Outlook 2003 or above installed. (For migrating from Exchange Server or PST)
- A System Account in the Client Machine being used with Administrator privileges, to install and run the Migration Wizard.
- A minimum 2 GB of Disk Space in the client machine in which the Wizard is to be run
- In order to migrate from Exchange Server, an Exchange Administrator account with full access to the Mail boxes to be migrated.
- Zoho Mail Super Administrator account for the Organization, to which the email accounts are to be migrated.