From : <my email>
To : <VP of Sales Email>
Date : Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:56:37 -0500
Subject : Fwd: Re: New Partners
============ Forwarded message ============

<VP of Sales> –

Hello! We have never spoken before, but I’ve spoken to two of your sales reps – <Sales Rep 1> and most recently, <Sales Rep 2>.

The reason you’re getting this email is because, see, after some lengthy discussions with <Sales Rep 1>, I decided not to sign-up with you guys, and we left it there, amicably.
Then, <Sales Rep 2> contacted me again this week – starting from scratch (I understand <Sales Rep 1> left).

Now, this is not the fault of your sales guys. It’s just they don’t have the right tools.

The most valuable communication between you and your prospects/clients is stored in your email. When you combine your email with your CRM, not only you can avoid embarrassing situations like this, but most importantly you can provide better service to your customers; and everyone in your team can stay informed about what’s going on with each prospect.

Zoho CRM allows you to combine your email (any email you’re using) with your CRM. Painlessly. No BCC:, no nothing.

Yes, I understand you’re currently using Salesforce, but well, we just saw how that is not working too well for you guys!

Let me know if you’re interested in learning more and I’ll connect you with one of our account managers.

best,

Rodrigo

Group Calendar Support & Other Neat Updates in Zoho Calendar

Posted by Posted on by
14

There is no refuting the fact that be it work, family or friends, in order to get things done, it is necessary to be on the same page as a group or with your group.

Group CalendarAt times, it is crucial for each person in a group to be aware of everyone’s calendar of activities. This is tough considering other complications like employees in the same company sitting at different time zones, teams changing frequently and what not.

Well, in relation to these thoughts, we are glad to share with you the latest update to Zoho Calendar. We have added group calendar support and other neat features to help you close these communication gaps and collaborate more effectively with your co-workers, team mates and groups.

Group Calendar
It can be overwhelming to plan and track group activities, especially when someone is a part of many groups. In Zoho Calendar, you can now create separate group calendars with different lists of members and also subscribe to other group calendars. Members granted access to these group calendars can create and modify their events, view events of other members and always be in sync with team proceedings.

You can view all your group events combined as a single unified view to get a feel of how stuffed or free you actually are. If you feel your combined view is far too busy, you can right click on a particular group calendar to load it up in a separate tab and then make some event modifications in individual calendars if necessary.

Send / Receive invitations across calendars
We realize that preferences vary from one person to the other and there are many other calendar applications in use. You can now send event invitations and receive RSVP from users of other calendars too. This is made possible through email event notifications via Zoho Mail, playing the part of a mediator between the two calendar services. What is neat is that even if the host does not check his mail, the calendar is kept up-to-date.

Add/View events in different timezones
Scheduling events with participants on different time zones can be really tricky. A little miscalculation of half hour and late arrival for a webinar with a good prospect can be quite damaging. In Zoho Calendar, you can now add /view events in different time zones without having to mess with the time zone of your calendar.

Merge multiple calendars & embed
Embedding your calendar of events on your blog or website is a good way to keep your fans and followers intrigued. If you are someone who maintains multiple calendars, you can now merge events across several calendars and embed a single view. So when you have a form for people to request appointments, they will be able to exactly know when you are free.

Check this what’s new page to learn more about these latest updates to Zoho Calendar. We are confident that these updates will make it easier for you to manage your group activities, events and meetings.

Do post your comments on how these updates worked out for you and other suggestions on improving the Zoho Calendar experience.

Announcing Zoho Sync: Push Mail And Mobile Sync Service

Posted by Posted on by
52
Zoho Sync for Mobile Devices

We made a new year resolution to keep our services in tune with the ever evolving world, especially with respect to the rapidly growing smartphone and tablet segment. Today, we are glad to announce the release of Zoho Sync for mobile devices. You can now get automatic notifications PUSHed to your mobile phone or tablet when new emails arrive and your device’s local mail, contacts and calendar applications will sync with the web client in real time.

Zoho Sync for Mobile Devices

What’s neat is that this 2-way synchronization happens over-the-air, in the background (provided an internet connection is available) and once turned on, does not require any further manual intervention. So wherever you are, however occupied you might be doing other things, your mobile device will be up-to-date with the latest messages, event updates and contact information.

Zoho Sync functions using your mobile device’s Microsoft Exchange® ActiveSync® (EAS) account support and does not require any additional software. Since almost all the latest IOS, Android and Windows mobile devices support EAS, you can easily enable Zoho Sync on most mobile devices that run on these popular platforms. If you want to sync only mail, only mail and calendar but not contacts and so on, you can specify your options in your device’s EAS account settings.

ZSync Exchange Account Setup     ZSync Automatic Notification

So how is using Zoho Sync better compared to the typical IMAP setup? Let’s see:

  • Instead of your mobile device having to check (poll) for updates at regular intervals, notifications are pushed from the server to the device. This improves battery life.
  • You’ll receive automatic notifications on your phone the instant a new email arrives.
  • You’ll receive automatic notifications about new calendar events and event updates the instant the changes are made.
  • Email, calendar and contacts related actions you perform on your mobile will automatically reflect on your web client and vice versa. For example, when you read an email on your mobile, it is marked as read when you log in to the web client later on.

During our in-house tests, the syncing was smooth on the iPhone, iPad and Windows mobile devices. However, we did experience issues with certain models of Android phones. This is because of limitations induced by the customized Android versions shipped by the individual mobile makers and we are continuously working on overcoming them.

So go ahead and set up Zoho Sync on your mobile device and let it tell you that ‘You’ve got mail!’, as soon as it arrives. Be warned that once you turn on push notifications, your phone could be buzzing continuously and you might get addicted to checking mail. And do make sure you back up data before setting up the EAS account because existing data might be removed.

And please help us by sparing a few minutes in providing feedback about how this worked for you.

Has your phone started dinging yet? Coz…. you’ve got mail!

Update (26th June, 2012): Zoho Sync support is now available in all plans. Previously it was open only to users in organizations with their email hosted under the Zoho Mail Standard 15GB plan. Please request the administrator of your organization to go to the Control Panel and ensure that Zoho Sync is enabled for users. This is explained in the list of Zoho Mail feature updates made on Feb 06, 2012.

Email isn’t a productivity killer unless…

Posted by Posted on by
2

As with every other productivity tool, what really matters with email is how you use it. If email is draining your work productivity, it’s probably because you’re doing one or more of these:

  1. you make it the aim of your workday to achieve Zero-Inbox status.

    Let’s face it: the more email you send, the more you’ll receive. Set aside some time daily to respond to selective emails that are urgent and important. Mark the rest for

    later follow up
    .

  2. you believe email is real-time.

    It isn’t. And doesn’t need to be instantly responded to. If you need

    (and only if you need!)

    to initiate a real-time conversation, use IM, or make a phone call. Or even better, make it a face-to-face conversation, if that’s possible.

  3. you believe in the ‘a folder for every email and every email into a folder’ rule.

    Heard of

    Email OCD
    ? If you’re spending a lot of time just moving your mail into folders, you’re wasting valuable time that could be spent on other important tasks. Instead,

    make automated rules
     for emails that absolutely must be organized into folders. Leave the rest in your inbox.

  4. you need to hunt for emails manually, one folder at a time.

    Every time you have to look for that all-important email that suddenly needs to be referred to,

    use an advanced search feature
     to fish it out. Not only will this save you search time, it will minimize your dependency on folder-organization too (see the point above)

  5. you use the ‘reply-all’ function for every email.

    Before you use ‘reply-all’ and reply to everyone who is marked on an email, think about whether your reply will be relevant and / useful for all the intended recipients. If not, mark the email to only those who will benefit from reading it. It’s good email etiquette and saves everybody (including you!) a whole lot of time.

  6. you use email for debates and discussions.

    A more productive way to encourage ideas, discussions and brainstorms within your team(s) and / customers is to use an internal discussion forum. At Zoho, we use

    Zoho Discussions
     for all such “discussions”.

  7. you only send / check your email at the desk.

    Being able to check email on your mobile device is a necessary evil. You can spend time outside your office, meeting your customers and prospects, and yet, still find time to

    check email while you’re on the move
    . Remember to do this judiciously though, for not all email needs to be read / responded to.

  8. you check email during face-to face / telephonic interactions with people.

    Avoid doing this at all costs. For one, it’s rude. Also, you miss out on important conversations and the chance to make an impact on your audience.

Are there any other email-productivity-killing-habits that you can add to this list? Which email habit are you going to change today?

The New Zoho Mail: Smoother, Faster, Smarter

Posted by Posted on by
10

Smooth, clutter free, fast and intuitive user interfaces are the order of the day. You are probably aware that we recently polished the UI for Zoho CRM – making it not only more beautiful to look at, but also -and more importantly- a lot easier to use. Zoho CRM is one app users spend a lot of time in. And so is Zoho Mail. That’s why we also just completed a major revamp of Zoho Mail’s UI and added brand new features like 3-pane view and advanced search that make your daily life a bit easier, as you spend a good chunk of your day inside Zoho Mail. Here’s what’s new in our latest update:

Overall UI makeover
We always felt that we could do a better job at being clutter free yet we also felt that there is no need to shock our users with a total transformation. So we started with a few subtle changes like scrubbing off unnecessary icons, retuning the look and feel of buttons and so forth. After many iterations and discussions in tandem with the art of balancing usability and aesthetics, we believe we now have a UI that is more clean and crisp.

New 3-Pane view

Given that by the end of 2010, the number of estimated email users stood at a mammoth 1.88 billion, it is almost a necessity for an email interface to offer the choice of different viewing formats. Now, Zoho Mail provides a new 3-pane view option in the form of neat
Toggle Layout
button. It takes just a click to switch between vertical and horizontal split of your entire right pane.

3-Pane View

Not being able to get to a message that you know for sure is there somewhere in your rather bloated inbox is frustrating, right? That is why we have upped the ante on Zoho Mail’s search feature by appending an uncanny advanced search icon to the existing search button. You can drill down your search by specifying almost anything that you vaguely remember that is related to the message you seek.

Smart follow-up flag

We hope you are making use of the 3 flag types you can assign to your messages as mentioned earlier on maximizing your productivity with Zoho Mail. One of them is the follow-up flag. Now, are you truly sticking to your commitment to follow-up on all those emails? To nurture a better sense of commitment, we have made the follow-up flag to ask you if you want to create a task and set a deadline. Smart, isn’t it?

Smart Follow-up Flag

Rename and add to Zoho Docs

It was clumsy not to be able to rename attached files when you attempted to add them to Zoho Docs. Now, it is possible to rename an attached file when you use the Add to Zoho Docs feature. Isn’t it nice to be able to directly store attachments online, even to shared folders, workspaces and thus have a copy available from anywhere there is an internet connection? Imagine the time and effort this can save from back and forth forward, transfer of attachments between your business personnel.

Better Address book

Searching for contact information can get tedious sometimes and also needs to be as simple as searching for messages. We made enhancements to the address book, making it a snap for you to get information about your contacts, ordered according to the frequency of your interactions. Also, searching for contacts by user defined categories has been made prominent and straight forward to use.

Speed and performance optimizations
‘Blazing speed’ is what is expected of an email service today. We have been making optimizations in the background to fulfill this need for speed. You will especially notice ​significant improvements in initial loading time, compose actions, mailing list loading time while switching between folders and email delivery time, now as fast as an instant message.

There you go! A smoother, faster and smarter Zoho Mail. While we are very excited about this update, what matters most is your feedback on if or not we managed to make the right judgment calls about improving the email experience. If you are an existing Zoho Mail user, tell us how you feel about the old and the new. If you are new to Zoho Mail, we will be thrilled to have you sign up and give us a fresh unbiased opinion of our new UI.

Only Happy Subscribers with Zoho’s Feedback Loop Service!

Posted by Posted on by
0

Everyone
would like to share relevant useful content over email to keep their
subscribers engaged and happy. However, no one likes being branded as a
spammer when they only intended to send genuine emails to their
subscribers. Yet, a lot of people opt to receive their emails and later
mark them as spam. Not good. Now, to tak
care of this, Zoho Mail provides a feedback loop service to ESPs and
senders sending emails to Zoho users that helps them stay clean,
maintains IP reputation and improves email deliverability. This can
indeed be a seamless, effortless and simple task.

If you are an ESP or a sender sending emails from your own IP, register
yourself with Zoho’s feedback loop service, and we will show you how to
stay away from unhappy subscribers and how not to bother them, once they have
indicated disinterest in your emails.

You must be thinking, now, how does this work with Zoho?

  • You send an email to a Zoho user on behalf of your customer/user
  • Recipient marks your email as spam
  • You receive a notification with a report in ARF (Abuse Reporting Format)

Below is the typical work flow of the Zoho feedback loop service.

Benefits using Zoho’s feedback loop service:

  1. Maintains IP reputation
  2. Improves email deliverability
  3. Improves overall quality of user subscription

Zoho’s feedback loop service helps
ESPs and other senders stay clean by reporting whenever their emails
to Zoho users are marked spam. We report complaints to users (email
senders) with a “copy of the message” to help senders identify &
relieve unhappy subscribers.

Unhappy
subscribers can be a major cause for high spam complaint rates.
Often, users are mistaken during a sign up process and end up marking
your email as spam. We here at Zoho can help you avoid these hiccups.

It
makes utmost sense to keep you and your organization registered and
safe, in order to avoid being blocked by an ISP. What’s more, Zoho’s feedback loop service is free! I definitely want to safeguard my
organization’s IP reputation, wouldn’t you?

Refer here to find answers to some basic questions.

Get started by clicking https://fbl.zoho.com.

(NOTE: Due to some issues, the link above may not function for some users. We are working on fixing this! UPDATE: It’s fixed now.)

See ‘Exactly’ How Conversations Unfold With Zoho Mail

Posted by Posted on by
3

Whenever I have run into a situation where someone goes…

We talked about this last month Hari! Remember you said….. and I said ….and blah blah….

… I used to wonder how it would be nice to have a

conversation view

for all conversations we ever had.

If you think about it, great ideas just fade into oblivion, good prospects are lost and projects get delayed because we are unable to connect the dots and keep in sync with our discussions and conversations. Thanks to the rather exclusive conversation thread view feature in

Zoho Mail
, I am able to catch up on all my email conversations.

Recently, I was checking the feedback received from Zoho Mail users who chose to take the optional survey when they logged out (Thank you all). To my surprise, 47% have said that they never use the conversation view. Then these questions ran through my mind:

  • Is it possible that 47% never had any long conversations over email?

  • Are users just not aware that a conversation view exists?

  • Conversation view is redundant and not used much? (In my opinion, this cannot be)

Well, to make it clear, conversation view does exist in Zoho Mail. Unlike in other email programs that stack incoming responses, it is

indicated

by a small

chat-bubble

 like icon (check Figure below) without affecting the classic inbox message arrangement. Maybe our design was so focused on not being a distraction and missed out on attraction?
Switching to Zoho Mail's Conversation View

All you do is click the chat-bubble icon to unfold the conversation, displayed in a threaded view format which, I think is special. Why do I think so? Let’s see:
Zoho Mail's Conversation Thread View

Specialties in Zoho Mail Conversation View:

  • Skim through the entire conversation

    This is made possible by messages arranged in a thread view fashion with a part of the first line of all responses. This can particularly be helpful for business email users to quickly catch up on their exchanges with customers and prospects. All you do is search for the name and then unfold the conversation by clicking the mentioned chat-bubble icon.

  • Just click-read your way through the thread

    If skimming through does not suffice, you can just click a response in the thread and view the full message in the bottom pane. No need to scroll your way up and down the conversation. Can you imagine how painful it can be to scroll through a thread with 30+ exchanges?

  • know the exact order of how conversations unfold

    Ever found yourself lost in between an elaborate back and forth discussion in emails with many in CC? Now take a look at the conversation view snapshot of a discussion we had about improving Zoho’s social media presence. It is so easy to follow, who replied to whom and how the conversation unfolded from start to end. Also notice how some responses branch off into separate threads / sub-topics? This helps to exactly understand the context of responses, saving time in trying to figure things out.

  • Label or flag individual messages

    So, you are clicking through the conversation and run into a response from someone with that important information, idea, proposal or you-name-it, something useful. You can quickly set a flag or assign a label right there to that message.

  • Label the entire thread / conversation

    Well, if you find the whole conversation to bear substance, assign a label to the entire thread. I labelled our entire conversation shown in the snapshot ‘SocialMediaDiss’. This way whenever someone goes, ‘Remember the social media discussion last year’, its just a click-on-a-label away.

In fact, I feel the conversation view is a must have for

business email
 purposes with many CCs and group email addresses involved in messages. For instance, at times I forward a message sent to me to someone who can handle it better. Then a couple of days pass, I shift focus to other incoming messages and suddenly run into a response addressed to me again from a previous thread. Now, what do I do to catch up on what happened in between? Yes,

one click to unfold the conversation

.

If you are already a Zoho Mail user, feel free to comment about your views on the conversation view feature, particularly improvements you would like to see.

If you are someone using another email service featuring the stacked type conversation view, try

Zoho Mail
. You may like the change. You are big fan of the stacked view? Tell us why.

Oops! Just realized my screen shot reveals another feature update we are working on and testing within our team.  Any guesses on what it is?