There is no direct way to create a "Proforma Invoice" in Zoho Invoice. However, you can make use of an estimate as a proforma Invoice. All you have to do is to customize the estimate template and change "Estimate Labels" to your preferred names. Here's the steps:
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Estimate Template link under "Preferences"
- On the "Estimate Templates" page click the Edit button to choose from an existing template.
- Or you click the new button to create a new template.
- Click "new" under the "New Template" section.
- Choose a template from the template gallery
- Click "Use This" button.
- You can enter the Template Name as "Proforma Invoice".
- Update the following Estimate Labels
- Document Title >> "Proforma"
- Number Field >> "Proforma#"
- Date Field >> "Proforma Date"
Here's a sample screen-shot of the template customization page:
You can also convert the estimate into an invoice. In your case, you can convert the invoice proforma into an invoice directly.