You can import the data from any service into Zoho Invoice, the only requisite would be to have the data on a CSV file. Zoho Invoice let's you import in data such as Estimates, Invoices, Expenses, Recurring Invoices, Payments, Items, Customers & Contacts. Here are some tips to help you with the migration:
Before you begin:
- Ensure that you have the data to be imported on a CSV/TSV file
- In Zoho Invoice, the subscription model is based on the number of customers. Check under Home >> Subscription Details to see how many customers you can create for your plan. Depending upon your import and future use, you can upgrade your plan and continue with the import.
Guidelines for a perfect import:
- Select the exact file format from the drop-down list (CSV or TSV) during the import
- Make sure that you select the same date format as that on your import file for the Invoice Date field
- You can either retain the invoice numbers on your import file or check the Auto-generate Invoice Numbers option to let the system assign new invoice numbers.
- Once you are done importing the invoices, all the invoices will be listed as "Draft" until you import the payments.
See the importing & exporting data section for instructions on importing data.