Once the fields are added, you can enter the values while creating OR editing the invoices. Also, you need to add the placeholders for the custom fields & values with the customized template. Following are the steps to do so;
Click the Settings page.
- Click the Invoice Templates sub-link under Invoice Settings.
- Click the New Template button and create a template (or) Choose to edit/customize the existing templates.
From the 'New Invoice Template page'; select the following placeholders:
- Placeholders > Invoice > Additional Fields > Custom Field 1 > %CustomLabel1%
- Placeholders > Invoice > Additional Fields > Custom Field Value 1 > %CustomValue1%
- Note : Follow the same to the other custom fields.
- Copy the placeholder and paste it to your preferred placed inside the template editor.
- Click the Save button
Once you add and save the placeholders to the template, make sure that you set it as a default template for the invoices.