Spreadsheet users know the importance of pivot tables and the role they play in easy summarizing and visualization of data. With Zoho Reports, you can make pivots by drag-and-drop. There are many summary functions available – Sum, Maximum, Minimum, Average and Count – when constructing pivots. And now, further options are available for each of these functions as shown in the below screenshot.
The options available are
- Normal: Applies the chosen summary function over the data as is
- % of Row: Displays the data as a percentage of the total for each row
- % of Column: Displays the data as a percentage of the total for each column
- % of Total: Displays the chosen summary function as a percentage of the grand total of all data present in the report
- Running Total: Displays data in successive cells as a running (cumulative) total of a selected field
- Difference From: Displays data in each cell as the difference from value in the previous cell, based on the base field provided
- % of: Displays data in each cell as a % of value in the previous cell, based on the base field provided
- % of Difference From: Displays data in each cell as a % of difference from the value in the previous cell, based on the base field provided
In the featured ‘Super Store Sales’ database, we now have some pivots to demonstrate the new enhanced functions. For example, you can use the Running Total option to see the cumulative total over quarters (or months) in 2011.
Like Running Total, you can use the other options as well. For example, the embedded report below shows how much each product category in each quarter has contributed (as percentage) to the overall profit.
Do try these new pivot functions in Zoho Reports and let us know your views.