A typical work day of a team member in a software development team :
You’re a team member in charge of a performance module and currently working on few critical bugs that needs to be delivered for a customer before this weekend.
Here’s how you can effectively use Zoho BugTracker to organize and fix bugs fast :
- Create a business rule with module as Performance and severity as Critical. All the bugs with this module name and severity gets automatically assigned to you in Zoho BugTracker
- There needs to be a way to categorize these reported bugs. Our BugTracker allows you to easily categorize them as open, to be analyzed, to be tested and add more Custom Status using Status and Workflow option under Bug Settings
- Once categorized you can Sort and View bugs based on due or created date in the Bugs View. You can create a new custom field called This Week and use Bulk Update option to select and update the bugs to be fixed for This Week and you’re done. Every day when you login you can see the bugs progress in the Feeds panel under In Progress view.
- As the weekend approaches, you need to record the entire week’s efforts. For this, make use of Weekly timesheets to record the time spent to fix the bugs for this particular customer and of course you can also Generate Invoices using Zoho Invoice and follow for payments.
- If you wish to notify your Boss you can do so by adding him or her as Follower to know what you have been working on.
- Finally, if you want you can deactivate this business rule using Activate or Deactivate option under Business Rules.
A quick tip : The text highlighted with links are the new features rolled out as part of our latest update…
Try these features and let us know how it works for you as comments.