Today, we are pleased to share the story of how Ah Cacao Real Chocolate simplified their recruitment process with Zoho Recruit. Rohan Barnett, General Manager at Ah Cacao, describes how they were able to overcome recruitment-related challenges with our Applicant Tracking System.
About Ah Cacao
Ah Cacao Real Chocolate, founded in 2003, offers a complete chocolate experience for both the mind and body. Their chocolates are handmade by skilled artisans with the finest Mexican cacao and natural ingredients that create a heavenly taste and a true ancient Mayan experience.
Ah Cacao’s Challenge
Within the 35-person company, Ah Cacao employs only one person to manage the administrative work across three retail stores and a wholesale business. And for a growing company with no human resource employees, this can be a challenge and requires appropriate technology to keep things running smoothly. In the past, Ah Cacao used Google Docs to receive employment applications, but this presented three specific problems:
1. Candidate information was hard to read in a spreadsheet.
2. Replying to candidates and keeping track of their statuses was laborious and error prone.
3. Candidate photos had to be requested individually by e-mail, another laborious process.
“As the general manager,” Barnett explains, “I just didn’t have the time to continue contacting candidates by e-mail. That’s when I went online in search of an automated solution and came across Zoho Recruit. Today, about five people access the information in Zoho Recruit. We use the job openings feature to post current openings on our website. We also use this URL in our job announcements, and it is the only medium by which we accept applications.“
After switching to Zoho Recruit, retrieving and organizing employment applications has become easier. After reviewing the applications, Barnett then divides the candidates into three groups to determine the action to take in response:
1. Unqualified/rejected – an e-mail is sent automatically to the candidate.
2. Hireable – we may hire the person in the future, but not right now. An e-mail template is sent.
3. Interview – we use interviewer scheduler to send an invitation, again with an e-mail template that includes a Google Map link to the interview location.
Zoho Recruit Impact
“Zoho Recruit has made the recruiting process much more streamlined and automated. Now, we receive an application and with a few clicks, we can reply to the candidate and update his or her status. This saves us a lot of time and allows us to be more responsive to the candidates, which improves our image as a company,” says Barnett.
Read more about Ah Cacao and Zoho Recruit here.
If you have a success story that you would like to share, please drop us a mail at email@example.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter