Bookmarks are shortcuts to specific places within a document. They can be very useful when you need to make a table of contents, or when you want to jump from one part of a long document to another without scrolling.
Creating a Bookmark
To create a bookmark in a document follow the steps below
- Select the text where you want to place the bookmark in your document.
- Click on the Insert button
- Your Bookmark will be created, which you can view on the left hand side, by clicking on the icon (icon image required)
To remove a bookmark just click on the icon(icon image required, that is an indication that you have placed a bookmark. The bookmark name will be displayed along with the Remove option. Click on Remove.
Creating a Link to a Bookmark
A bookmark is only useful when you can link to it. Here's how you can create a link to a bookmark:
- Highlight the text you'd like to link from. You can also just click anywhere in your document to create a link there.
- Click the Insert button
- From the drop-down menu select Hyper Link
- A pop-up window will appear. Select the Bookmark option by clicking on the radio button, to see the bookmarks you've created.
- Click the bookmark you'd like to link to from the Bookmark drop-down menu.
- Click on Ok
- If you need to edit or remove the link, click on it and from the small pop up select Modify Link or Remove Link