Mail merge helps users create and print multiple copies of a particular document to be sent to different recipients. Given below are steps to how you can apply a Mail Merge to a document
Step 1: Create a data source
- Create a spread sheet using Zoho Sheet containing all the fields such as name, company name, address, phone number, email, etc. from which the mailing list can be derived.
- From the drop down menu select the New option
- Export the spread sheet as a CSV file and save it.
Step 2: Create a form letter
- Open Zoho Writer and start your form letter.
- To add fields, click on the 'Mailings' tab followed by choosing 'Select Data Source' option.
- Upload the CSV file.
Step 3: Insert Merge Fields
- As soon as you upload the CSV file, input the database fields contained in the CSV file.
- Insert the fields in the required positions in the document.
Step 4: Merge and print the mail merged document
- Click on the 'Finish and Merge' tab.
- Multiple copies of the same document appear as a new untitled file with the records inserted from the data source.
- Users will now be able to print the merged document.
- In the print window, specify the printer and click OK.