Create a Document
To create a new document in Zoho Docs:
- Click on Create button on the top left hand side.
- From the drop down menu select the Document option.
- A new blank document will open, and you'll be able to edit the document, share it with other people, and collaborate on it in real-time.
Zoho Docs saves your document automatically, and you can always access it from your documents List.
Name a Document
When you create a new document, Zoho Docs will name it "Untitled" by default.
To choose a name other than Untitled:
- In your documents list right click on document you want to rename.
- From the drop down menu select Rename option.
- A pop-up window will appear.Enter the Document Name.
- Click on the Save button.
- The document will get saved in your documents list under the name you entered.
- You can only rename documents that you own i.e documents that you have created.
Delete a Document
To delete a document from your documents list in Zoho Docs:
- From your documents list select the check box next to the document you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete button at the top.
- A confirmation pop-up window will appear asking if you want to remove the document from your document list.
- Click on Yes button.
- Your document will be moved to trash.
- You can check if the document has been moved to trash by clicking on Trash in the left hand side menu.
- If you delete a shared doc that you own, it will be completely removed from the Documents List for all collaborators, and they will no longer have access to the document.