A table of contents makes it easy for you, your collaborators, and viewers to quickly navigate to a section of your document. Each item in your table of contents links to the titled sections of your document that use the heading styles.
To add table of contents to your document:
- Select the Heading text
- Click on the Heading drop down menu in the tool bar. The default heading is Normal (image required)
- From the drop down menu click on the heading you want. There are six different heading sizes to choose from
- Place your cursor where you'd like to insert the table of contents
- Click the Insert button and from the drop down menu select Table of contents
- Your table of contents will be inserted
- You can continue to add headings to your document or change current headings. However, if you'd like a change to become part of the table of contents, you need to click first the table and then the Refresh button (icon required)
- To remove the Table of Contents click on (icon required)icon
- If you want to change the text of the table of contents, edit the headings in the document body rather than in the table of contents. Once you update the table of contents by clicking the Refresh button, any manual edits you made in the table of contents will be cleared.