What types of documents can I Import and Export in Zoho Writer?
With Zoho Writer you can Import documents of various file types either through online sources or from your desktop and edit them such as. The file types supported are
Note: Importing of PDF format is not supported in zohowriter.
With Zoho Writer you can also Export documents to various file types such as
How do I adjust spacing between lines in my document?
To adjust line space between the lines of content:
- Click on 'Line Spacing' icon located next to 'Border and Shading' icon under 'Format' tab.
- Choose from among the 4 options - Single,1.2(Normal),1.5 Line & Double to set the line spacing.
- You can also set default line space option as Single,Normal,1.5 Lines & Double in line properties of 'Page Format' window which is available under 'Page Setup' tab.
Is there any word count feature available in Zoho Writer?
Yes, of course. Zoho Writer provides word as well as character count for a document. For finding the word & character count, type your content in Zoho Writer & click 'Save'button. You can see number of characters and words in your document with and without space by clicking on 'Word Count' button under the 'Review' tab.You can also view the number of words and characters at the bottom of the window.
Is spell-check feature available in Zoho Writer?
The spell-check feature is available in Zoho Writer. You can click on spell check (icon required), available under 'Review' Tab to check for misspelled words in the entire document. When spell check recognizes a word as misspelled, the word is underlined with a red line. You can get suggested words to replace for the same by clicking on those misspelled words or you can opt for 'Ignore' or 'Ignore All' option. You can also set your desired language as default one using 'Settings' option located above the editor or else you can choose the language at the time of carrying out a spell check, from the drop down menu, associated with the spell check option.
How do I print documents from Zoho Writer?
You can print documents from Zoho Writer by clicking on the File button on the top left hand side of the page, and choosing the print option you require.
Is there any provision to insert special characters in Zoho Writer?
Yes,you can insert special characters in Zoho Writer. For inserting special characters inside a document:
- Click on the Insert tab and from the drop-down menu click on the Special Characters option(icon required)
- A pop-up layer will appear with a set of special characters.
- View the description on each of these special character by placing a cursor over it.
- Click on the special character you want to insert into your document.
Does Zoho Writer have an option to include Smart Quotes inside a document?
Yes, it has. You can include Smart Quotes inside your document using 'Quotes' option available under the 'Insert' tab Just click on the option and choose the quote you require.
Does Zoho Writer have Change case conversion option?
Yes.Change case feature is available in Zoho writer under, which you can find by clicking on the Format tab. You can do case conversion for selection of texts to Lowercase,Uppercase,Capitalize and Normal as of now.
How do I change the ruler from inches to mm ?
To change ruler from inches to settings:
- Click on the icon (icon required) next to username on the top right hand side of the page
- Click on Settings
- A pop-up window will appear. In the Units section click on the drop down menu and select mm
- Click on the Save button
How do I apply table themes to my table?
To apply themes to tables:
- Place your cursor in the existing table
- A Table button appear at the top
- Click on the button and in the drop down menu click on Theme
- Choose the theme you require for your table
How do I set a hanging indent for a paragraph?
For hanging indent:
- Select the paragraph you want to apply the hanging indent for
- Click on the Format tab and in the drop-down menu move your cursor over the Line Spacing option
- Another drop-down will appear. Click on the Spacing and Indentation option
- A Spacing and Indentation pop-up will appear
- In the Indentation section click on the First Line up or down arrow
- A Hanging option will appear, click on it to select it
- Move the hanging pointer towards the number of inches you require, in the ruler
- Click on Ok and the hanging indent will be applied to the paragraph
Why is Zoho Writer not working with IE9?
This issue occurs on IE9 browsers without a license. To fix this:
- Open IE9 browser and press F12
- On the console that opens at the bottom of the browser, select IE9 in the "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode" standards.
Once these changes are made, it should work fine.