1.What are the formats supported by Zoho Writer when exporting documents?
You can export the documents from Zoho Writer to the following formats:
- Microsoft Word (Doc,Docx)
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- ODT (Open Document Text)
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- Text File
2. Does Zoho Writer provide support for ODT & RTF documents?
Yes, we do support for direct conversion from and to ODT & RTF documents. You can import, edit and export the documents in both the formats.
3. Does Zoho Writer support PDFs, while importing and exporting documents?
Zoho Writer supports export of documents in PDF format. However, support for importing PDF files into Zoho Writer is not available as of now.
4. When I export a doc from Zoho Writer I do not get any prompt, where does it gets saved?
This may be due to the default settings in your browser as a result of which the file is getting downloaded to the default location in your local drive without any prompt. To get the prompt everytime you export a document from Zoho Writer in:
- Open the firefox browser window and select Tools >> Options
- Choose the Downloads tab.
- Select the radio button next to Save all files to this folder: and choose the location where you wish to download the document (Ex - Desktop, My Documents etc).
- Select both the check boxes in Download Manager & click OK
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open an IE browser window and select Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Custom Level button present in Security tab
- Scroll down and search for the section named Downloads
- Downloads section will have a sub-sections named Automatic prompting for file downloads & File download
- Under Automatic prompting for file downloads & File download select the radio button and click OK
5. My document opens in a new window when I try to export it in IE, what is wrong?
This happens due to security settings in Internet Explorer. Follow these steps to download the document to your local drive:
- Open an IE browser window and select Tools >> Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Sites button present to the right of Trusted Sites label
- A popup will appear on clicking the Sites button
- Type in the url 'https://*.zohowriter.com'in the text box under the heading 'Add this website to the zone:' & click Add
- The added URL will be displayed in the text area under the Websites heading. Click Close
After changing the settings try exporting the document in IE. If the problem still persists contact email@example.com.
6. Can I import zipped Google Docs file ?
In Writer, only zipped html format supported as of now. We do have this feature (MS Word & Open Office zip import) in our road-map, which we plan to implement in the near future.