What kinds of files can I upload in Zoho Docs?
Zoho Docs supports all type of file formats except executable file format. You can upload all type of files including ZIP and PDF files.
How do i upload files from desktop?
- Click on the Upload option in the toolbar and select "Desktop Files" option from drop down menu.
- A pop-up dialog will appear, select a folder from the Folder Tree.
- Click on Choose file to select files from your hard disk.
- Click Upload option and the files will get uploaded to selected folders.
For more details refer: Upload Files from Desktop
How do i do bulk upload?
- Click on 'Upload' option in the toolbar and select "Bulk Upload" from drop down menu.
- Select a folder to place the document from the left side panel.
- Select 'files to upload' option and a dialog will appear.
- Select multiple files from the open dialog and click 'OK'.
- Click on 'Upload' button, the files will get uploaded to the selected folders.
For more details refer: Bulk Upload
How do i import files from Google Docs?
- Click on "upload" option in the toolbar and select "Google Docs" option from drop down menu.
- Authenticate with Google Credentials to sign in to Google Docs.
- On successful signing-in, Google Docs documents will be listed in the pop-up screen.
- Select the desired file and click "OK". The selected document will get migrated into Zoho Docs.
For more details refer: Import Files from Google Docs
How do I organize my documents in folders?
To organize documents in folders
- Select the document, spreadsheet or presentation in your Docs list to organize.
- Organize your documents by Drag and Drop them into folders of your choice.
- You can also use Move button to add files to the folder.
For more details refer: Organize Documents
How can i organize my folders?
You can re-arrange the folders the way you like by just drag and drop them.
To organize folder:
- First, select a folder to organize.
- Just drag and drop the folder where ever you like.
For more details refer: Organize Folder
Can i drag and drop files into folders?
Yes. Zoho Docs now enables you to drag and drop files into your personal folders, making it simpler and faster to organize files into appropriate folders.
To drag and drop files from your desktop into Zoho Docs
- Go to the location or folder where you have saved your files and folders
- Select the files(s) or folder(s) you want to move to Zoho Docs
Can i drag and drop files from my desktop?
Yes, you can drag and drop to upload files and folders into Zoho Docs from your desktop. This makes it faster and easier to transfer files directly from your desktop to Zoho Docs.
To drag and drop files into folders
- Click on My Folders and in your displayed files list select the check box next to the file(s) you want to move to a folder.
- Drag the files to the folders on the left and drop them into the folder of your choice
- Drag the files or folders from the desktop window to the Zoho Docs window and place them in the appropriate folder under Personal Folders on the left.
How do i create a new document?
You can create new document, spreadsheet and presentations in Zoho Docs, and can view, edit, share and store it online.
To create a new document
- Click on New button at the top of Zoho Docs toolbar.
- Select a document, spreadsheet or presentation from the drop down menu.
- Click Save and name the file to appear in the Zoho Docs list.
How do I sort my documents in Zoho Docs?
You can sort documents by "Name", "Created Time" & "Date Modified". To sort documents, click on the table header title "Name", "Created Time" & "Date Modified".
How do i create a folder?
Add folders and sub-folders to keep your files neatly organized.
To add a folder
- Click on the plus sign Plus on the left side panel (OR) Click 'New' option in the toolbar and select 'folder' option from the drop down menu.
- A dialog box appears, enter the folder name.
- Click on 'Add Folder'. Folders are placed under 'My folders' on the left side panel.
To add a sub-folder
- Select a parent folder.
- Right click on the parent folder and select 'Create folder'.
- A pop-up box appears, enter the folder name and press Enter.
For more details refer: Create Folder
How do I rename a folder?
Rename the folder as you like.
To rename a folder
- First, select a folder to rename.
- Right click on the selected folder and select Rename option from the drop down menu.
- Edit the folder name and press Enter.
For more details refer: Rename Folder
How do I upload a new version of a document?
Its easy to upload document with revised versions.
To upload new version of a document
- Select the file for document revision.
- Click on 'Actions' button on the toolbar and select 'Revisions' option from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog box appears with document version details and upload form.
- Click on browse and select the new version of files from your local drive.
- Click on "upload" to update the new version.
For more details refer: Document Revisions.
How do I copy file from one folder to another?
You can copy files easily from one folder to another.
To copy files from one folder to another
- Select the files and click on the 'Copy' button located at top of the toolbar.
- A dialog box appears with a list of folders.
- Select the folder, click 'Submit' to copy your files.
For more details refer: Copy Documents.
How do I move file from one folder to another?
Select any number of documents and move to a folder that you prefer.
To move file from one folder to another
- Select the files and click on the 'Move' button located at top of the toolbar.
- A dialog box appears with a list of folders.
- Select a folder, click 'submit' button to move your files.
- You can also drag and drop files into the folder of your choice located in Zoho Docs sidebar. For more details refer: Move Documents to Folder
How do I delete a document?
You can delete multiple files in one shot.
To delete a document
- Select the file that you want to delete
- Click Delete button located on top of the Zoho Docs toolbar
- Deleted files will be moved to trash folder. * You can also restore the deleted document from the trash folder.
How do I add a Tag?
Tag is like a keyword, which helps to find files easily. Add tags to categorize your files and folders into a category you prefer.
To add a tag
- Select a single or multiple files to be tagged.
- Right click and select 'add tag' option from the drop down menu.
- A pop-up dialog box appears, where you can add tags to your document.
For more details refer: Add Tag
How do I assign a tag to documents?
You can easily assign tags to uploaded files, Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentations, etc., and view the files that are assigned to a particular tag.
To assign tag to a document
- Select the files to be tagged.
- Click 'Add Tag' option located at top of the toolbar.
- Assign a 'Tag' which is already defined from the drop down menu.
For more details refer: Assign Tag
Is there any way to upload whole folders from hard drive to Zoho?
Currently, Folder upload feature is not available in Zoho. However, you can zip the entire folder and upload (less than 50MB). After uploading a zip file, you can unzip it inside Zoho Docs. The same folder order that you had zipped them in gets re-created in Zoho Docs.
How can a user email a document from the shared docs folder?
Currently, Email a shared document feature is not available in Zoho Docs. We have added this request to our feature's list and will keep you update on the progress.
How do I see the files that I have shared?
In the left side panel tree of Zoho Docs, under Shared Docs folder click "Shared by me" folders. All the files shared by you will get listed.
How do I see the files that are shared to me?
In the left side panel tree of Zoho Docs, under Shared Docs folder click "Shared to me" folder. All the files shared to you will get listed.
How do I cancel sharing?
To cancel sharing an uploaded file follow these simple steps listed below:
- Select the file.
- Right click and select 'Properties' option from the drop down menu.
- A dialog box appears, click on 'Share details' tab.
- Shared details will be displayed, cancel sharing using the 'remove' option present beside each user.
What Are Tasks?
The Tasks feature helps you streamline the process of assigning tasks to individuals, working in a group or a collaborative environment. It also makes it easier to keep a track of know who is assigned what task and when it is due for completion. Tasks are helpful especially when working towards achieving a common goal, so there is no confusion as to responsibilities of persons working as a group.
How Do I Assign Tasks For A Document?
To assign tasks to individuals:
- Right click on a document you want to assign tasks for
- From the drop-down menu click on the Add Task option
- In the pop-up which is displayed, click on the Type drop-down
- Select the Review or Approve option
- Enter the email id of the individual you want to assign the task to
- Enter a description
- Click on the Add button
- A task for a document can be assigned to only one person at one time. Only on completion of the assigned task can another task be added.