While social media platforms offer you the opportunity to connect with several people, you need a CRM to tell you whom to connect with.
Enter Social CRM - which lets you integrate your Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter accounts with Zoho CRM. Not only does this integration help you monitor and participate in social media activities from one place, it also provides sufficient clarity about the significance of a particular customer to your business.
This is an organization-specific integration so your Administrator needs to set it up in your organization's CRM account. With Social CRM in place, you can
- Post status messages from your company's Twitter account as well as Facebook and Google Plus pages.
- Monitor real-time activity such as likes/favorites, comments, tweets and mentions of your brand across Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
- Interact and engage with your customers across social media channels.
- Add prospective customers from Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus as leads/contacts in your Zoho CRM account.
- Search Twitter on relevant subjects using keywords and save the searches as separate streams so that you can always stay updated on topics relevant to you.
- Focus on posts from important customers/prospects by creating custom streams.
- Add potentials, tasks and notes to a lead/contact from the Social tab.
- View all social interactions of leads and contacts with your company contextually, under the Social Interactions Related Lists.
Post status messages from your company's Facebook page and Twitter profile. Monitor real-time activity such as likes/favorites, comments, tweets and mentions for your brand over Facebook and Twitter. Search keywords to stay tuned to relevant topics: your products, your brand mentions, etc. to find out who is interested in your company and add them as lead/contact in your Zoho CRM account. Interact and engage with your customers over social media channels. - See more at: /crm/help/social/company-social-media-account.html#sthash.9q46Peb7.dpuf
- Available in: Professional and Enterprise Editions
- Permission Required: Social Module Level Permission.
Understand the Social Tab
To begin using Social CRM, you must first integrate your company's Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus accounts with your organization's Zoho CRM account. Only a user with administrative privileges can enable this integration. Once a social media account has been associated, other users will be able to access the data in the Social tab based on the permissions granted to them. See Also Associate Company's Social Account
The Social tab comprises three important elements.
- The CRM View
- The Navigation Panel
- Social Media Details View
Each of these elements is explained below in detail.
The CRM View
In the CRM View of the Social tab, the social media posts from your contacts are classified under four categories based on the data available in Zoho CRM. This distinction greatly helps you identify people who matter to you and prioritize their posts over others'.
The categories in the CRM View are
- Customers - Contains posts from customers (contacts that have all potentials in the Closed stage, with at least one potential that is Closed Won.)
- Open Potentials - Contains posts from prospective customers (at least one open potential in the pipeline.)
- Leads/Contacts - Contains posts from leads and contacts (the contacts here have no potentials associated with them as yet or have potentials that are Closed Lost)
- Unknown - Contains posts from people who are not yet associated with the CRM.
Initially, the social interactions are listed under the Unknown column. You can add people from the Unknown column as a new lead /contact or associate them to an existing lead/contact. Once this is done, the posts will appear in the appropriate CRM category.
Note that in case other users in your CRM account had already set up their Facebook or Twitter profiles with the organization's account and associated the social profiles of leads and contacts, then the posts will appear under the appropriate columns right after the integration is enabled. For example, if a user in your CRM account has already associated a lead's Twitter account, this lead's posts will start appearing under the Leads/Contacts category as soon as the Social integration is enabled in Zoho CRM.
Under Customers, Open Potentials and Leads/Contacts, the social media posts are further classified under two categories for better clarity.
- Pings - These are posts in which your business/brand has been mentioned. This includes Mentions and DMs on Twitter, comments, replies and private messages on Facebook and Google Plus.
- Streams - Streams applies only to Twitter. Streams is equivalent to the Twitter Timeline view of a contact. While Pings contain mentions, Streams contains all other tweets by the contact(s) in the specific cateory.
The Navigation Panel
The Social tab has a clear navigation panel on the left. The navigation panel has the following options:
- Navigate easily to other tabs while working within the Social tab.
- Compose and publish posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. You can also attach images to go with your posts.
- You can also mute a channel if you do not want to post on that page. Simply click on an account icon to mute it. (In this screenshot, a Facebook page and Google Plus page of Zylker have been muted).
- The maximum file size of images that can be attached with posts from the social tab is 5 MB for Twitter, 25 MB for Facebook and 36 MB for Google Plus.
- Filter out the social media accounts that you wish to monitor.
Once filtered, the CRM View as well as the My Posts and Tweets section will contain social media posts from only the selected accounts.
- Track keywords and save the search results columns for future reference.
Later, all you would need to do is refresh the search column to see the latest posts surrounding the keywords saved.
- Customize the CRM View by adding Custom Streams to follow important customers. Search for those special leads and contacts and save your Custom Streams.
These columns will display the Twitter Timeline of the selected leads/contacts.
- Refer Activity Stream () to view the recent activities performed from the social tab.
- Use Social Settings () to change users' profile permissions.
You can also use Settings to add a new Twitter handle, Facebook/Google Plus page or delete existing ones. .
- Use the Power button to sign out of your Zoho CRM account.
The Social Media Details View
A useful addition to this feature is a 360 degree view of the leads or contacts whose social interactions are listed in the CRM view.
Once you click on a post, you are taken to the Social Media Details view which gives you complete details about the lead/contact. These details include CRM details as well as social media details. Some of them are business card details, mail conversations, associated activities and notes, potential summary among others.
Note that the Social Media Details View is not available for the Keywords Tracking column.
When you click on a particular post by a lead/contact, the social media details are presented to you in three parts
- The CRM category section
- Social conversation summary
- 3-Tab Section
The first section on the left is the CRM category section. The CRM view which the selected post belongs to is presented here. For example, Customers.
The second section is the social conversation summary. Here the social media information of the contact is presented. You can interact with this post.
The last section on the right is a 3-tab section that includes CRM as we all social conversation details.
- Conversations - These include social and email conversations. Any open cases are also listed.
- Info - All the details about the contact that is stored in CRM such as email address, phone number, website, potentials, notes and tasks. You can add a new task, note or a potential from this section.
- Timeline - Timeline includes all CRM activities related to the contact such as a note that was added, any information that was updated, tasks that were added, etc. Twitter contacts will have a Twitter Timeline and a CRM Timeline. The Twitter Timeline displays their tweets, retweets, mentions and replies.
Add a Lead/Contact from Facebook/Twitter/Google Plus
Social media offers you a great platform to meet new people, find new business.The moment you see that a person expresses interest in your business, you may want to add them as a lead/contact in your CRM database. With the Social CRM in place you can do so directly from the Social tab.
To add a lead or contact
- Point your mouse to a social media post by the Unknown category in the CRM View.
- Associate to Existing - Search the contacts and associate.
- Add New - Specify the details and add as a new lead or contact.
- Records added from the social tab will have an additional related list namely, Social Interactions.
- We also have a feature, using which users can associate the Facebook and Twitter profiles of the leads and contacts in CRM. This is a user-specific feature, which requires each user to first authenticate themselves with their Twitter/Facebook login credentials. See Also, Twitter, Facebook.
- When you add a lead/contact from your company's Facebook page, Google Plus page or Twitter handle associated within CRM, the lead's or contact's Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus profile will be automatically associated with the record.
- While the Facebook or Twitter association is displayed in the details page of the lead/contact, the Google Plus association is not displayed. But rest assured, the association is made in the background, just not seen in the details page.
- The lead/contact's activities such as mentions in status updates or tweets, comments on your Facebook page, retweets, etc. will be listed under the respective record's details page under the Social Interactions Related List.
- While adding a lead/contact from Facebook/Twitter/Google Plus in the Social tab, there is an option to search the existing leads/contacts by their name in Zoho CRM.
Check the Activity Stream
The Activity Stream helps you keep track of a set of actions performed by you in the Social tab. These actions include the following:
- Publishing Status on Facebook and Google Plus
- Publishing Tweets
- Replying to Conversations
- Posting Comments
- Adding Contact/Lead
- Replying to direct messages Twitter and the messages in Facebook and Google Plus.
Note that the activities listed under the Activity Stream changes varies for different users of a specific organization's aCRM ccount according to the respective user's actions.
To check the activity stream
- In the Social tab, click the Activity Stream icon.
A pop-up with a list of activities will be listed.
Add Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams for Twitter
Use the power of Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams in Social CRM to keep a tab on important topics and people.
- Keyword tracking lets you search on Twitter for a few specific keywords and save the search results. For instance, if you are in the mobile app development business, you can search for topics such as mobile app development, iOS devices, Android devices and so on. These search results will be saved as a new column in the CRM view. Whenever you refresh posts in this column, you will be kept updated about what is being talked about these subjects on Twitter.
- Similar to Keyword tracking, you can keep a track of the posts by specific customers. Let's say you want to always know what some of your regular customers are saying about you. You can create a Cusom Stream for these customers. This stream will display the Twitter timeline of the contact. Whenever you refresh posts in this column, you will be kept updated about what these customers are saying on Twitter.
- The Keyword Tracking and Custom Streams are available only for Twitter.
- You can add upto 5 search keywords per Keyword Tracking column.
- You can follow up to 5 people per Custom Stream.
- The total number of search keywords used in Keyword Tracking colmnns and contacts used in Custom Streams altogether cannot exceed 20.
View Social Interactions
Leads and contacts in Zoho CRM will have a new Related List - Social Interactions. All the Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus interactions associated to the lead/contact will be listed in this related list.
To view lead/contact's social interactions
- Go to Leads/Contacts tab.
- Click on a lead/contact and go to Social Interactions related list.
You will see interactions on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.