You need to keep track of what people are saying about your company, products, brand, your competitors and industry trends. Not just that, you also need to know who is who, in your business world! The Social tab in Zoho CRM is one such platform to centralize the customer-related communications and interactions happening in your company's Facebook page and Twitter accounts and find out if you are interacting with a customer or a prospect. This feature in your account can assist you in the following ways:
- Post status messages from your company's Facebook page and Twitter profile.
- Monitor real-time activity such as likes/favorites, comments, tweets and mentions of your brand over Facebook and Twitter.
- Search keywords to stay tuned to relevant topics such as your products, your brand mentions, etc. to find out who is interested in your company.
- Save searches that are often referred and are relevant to your business.
- Add prospective customers from Facebook and Twitter as leads/contacts in your Zoho CRM account.
- Interact and engage with your customers over social media channels.
- View all social interactions of leads and contacts with your company under Social Interaction Related Lists.
Post status messages from your company's Facebook page and Twitter profile. Monitor real-time activity such as likes/favorites, comments, tweets and mentions for your brand over Facebook and Twitter. Search keywords to stay tuned to relevant topics: your products, your brand mentions, etc. to find out who is interested in your company and add them as lead/contact in your Zoho CRM account. Interact and engage with your customers over social media channels. - See more at: /crm/help/social/company-social-media-account.html#sthash.9q46Peb7.dpuf
With this feature, the following new items will be added in Zoho CRM:
- A Social tab - Users can access it, if they have the profile permission to this tab. Also, the administrator needs to give permission to perform activities in the Social tab. See Also Managing Profiles and Associate Company' Social Account
- Social Interactions related list - Leads and contacts will have a new Related List. All the Twitter and Facebook interactions associated to the lead/contact will be listed below this related list.
Permission Required: Users with the profile permission to access the Social tab can use this feature.
Understanding the Social Tab
The first step in using the Social Integration feature is by associating the company's Facebook or Twitter profiles in your organization's Zoho CRM account. Only the user with Administrator profile can do this. Once an account is associated, other users will be able to access the data in the Social tab based on the permissions given. See Also Associate Company's Social Account
The CRM View
The Social tab has a CRM view that groups the social activities of Twitter and Facebook based on the data available in your CRM account.
They are grouped under four categories:
- From Customers - Lists the social interactions related to the customers (potentials that are won and closed).
- From Potential Contacts - Lists the social interactions related to the potentials in pipeline.
- From Leads/Contacts - Lists the social interactions related to the Leads/Contacts.
- From Unknown - Lists the social interactions related to the records other than won potentials, potentials in pipeline, leads and contacts. This list includes activities that are created for the custom module's records too.
The Navigation Menu
The navigation menu has the following options:
- Navigate easily to other tabs while working within the Social tab.
- Check all the social interactions in the CRM View, grouped under the four categories.
- Monitor the interactions in all the Twitter profiles that you have associated or just a single profile.
- Monitor the interactions in all the Facebook pages that you have associated or just a single page.
- Post a status on Facebook or send out a tweet.
- View all your posts on Facebook and Twitter
- Search keywords and save searches for future references.
- Use social settings to change user's permissions, add new Facebook page or Twitter profile or delete existing ones.
- Use the Power button to sign out of your Zoho CRM account.
- Refer the Activity Stream and view the recent activities such as adding lead/contact, posting status or tweeting, replying to comments, etc.
Comprehensive View of Contacts
A useful addition to this feature is a 360 degree view of the leads or contacts whose social interactions are listed in the CRM view. You can get a comprehensive view of all the details such as the business card details, mail conversations, associated activities and notes, potential summary, if any, etc.
First section is the social conversation summary.
Next is a 3-tab section that includes:
- Conversation - These include socia and email conversations. Any open cases are also listed.
- Info - All the details about the contact taht is stored in CRM such as, email address, phone number, website, etc.
- Timeline - The activities related to the contacts in timeline. For example, a note that was added, any information that was updated, tasks that were added, etc.
Add a Lead/Contact from Facebook/Twitter
Social media provides huge opportunities for sales and social selling is all about recognizing prospects by listening and engaging. Often, when you run a campaign in your social media, create awareness of your product and take part in meaningful conversations, you may find people who show interest in your product/service. Zoho CRM provides an easy way to add those valuable prospects to the Leads module. You can also add them as contacts in CRM.
To add a lead or contact
- Click on a social interaction from the Unknown category in the CRM View.
In the details, you have the option to add the person's details as a Lead/Contacts in Zoho CRM.
- Associate to Existing - Search the contacts and associate.
- Add New - Specify the details and add as a new lead or contacts.
- Records added from the social tab will have an additional related list namely, Social Interactions.
- We also have a feature, using which users can associate the Facebook and Twitter profiles of the leads and contacts in CRM. This is a user-specific feature, which requires each user to first authenticate themselves with their Twitter/Facebook login credentials. See Also, Twitter, Facebook.
- When you add a lead/contact from your company's Facebook page or Twitter profile associated within CRM, the lead's or contact's Twitter or Facebook profile will be automatically associated with the record.
- The lead/contact's activities such as mentioning in the status or tweets, posting a comment on your Facebook page, retweeting, etc. will be listed under the respective record's Social Related List.
- While adding a lead/contact from Facebook/Twitter in the Social tab, there is an option to search the existing leads/contacts by their name. Records cannot be searched by email address.
Check the Activity Stream
The Activity Stream keeps track of a set of actions performed in the Social tab. These actions include the following:
- Posting Status
- Posting Tweets
- Replying to Conversations
- Posting Comments
- Adding Contact/Lead
- Replying to direct messages Twitter and the messages in Facebook.
To check the activity stream
- In the Social tab, click the Activity Stream icon.
A pop-up with the activities will be listed.
Add Search Keywords
From the Social tab, search relevant topics, your products, your brand mentions, etc. to find out who is interested in your company. You can search either in Facebook or Twitter and save these searches for the specific keywords. There are two ways to add keywords.
- Administrator can add keywords from the Social Settings and only user who have the permission can view them. These saves searches can be deleted only from Social Settings. In the Professional Edition, administrators can add only 3 keywords.
- Users can search keywords in the Search Menu and save them. These saved searched are visible only to the user who saved them.
To add search keywords from social settings
- In the Social tab, click the Settings icon.
- Choose Facebook or Twitter if you have added both the accounts.
- Click the Set Permissions icon corresponding to the Facebook page/Twitter profile.
- Under Keywords, click the Add Keyword link.
- Specify a keyword and press Enter on your keyboard.
The keyword and the option to add permission will be available.
- Click the Add Profile link to give permission to other profiles.
Only a user whose profile is added will be able to access this keyword search.
To save searches
- In the Social tab, click on the Search icon.
- In the Search popup, specify the search keyword in the text box and click on the Twitter or Facebook icons to search in the respective social networking tools.
The search results will be listed.
- Click on the Save link to save this search for future reference.
The saved searches will be listed. You can delete them whenever required.
View Social Interactions
Leads and contacts in Zoho CRM will have a new Related List - Social Interactions. All the Twitter and Facebook interactions associated to the lead/contact will be listed in this related list.
To view lead/contact's social interactions
- Go to Leads/Contacts tab.
- Click on a lead/contact and go to Social Interactions related list.