In Zoho CRM, you can create different types of groups (set of users) to manage a set of common records. Groups can be used for setting up team selling, team support, event management by a group of marketing users, etc. Users associated with a particular group can access the records shared to a particular group and perform the necessary operations on the records.
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Manage Groups permission in profile can access this feature.
- Group contains users, roles, roles & subordinates, and sub groups.
- You cannot assign records directly to the groups.
- Records can be shared with groups by setting up data sharing rules.
- Users, roles, roles & subordinates can represent multiple groups.
You can manage groups with the following combinations:
- Users: Only users.
- Roles: All users associated with the Roles can become members of the groups.
- Roles & Subordinates: All users associated with the roles and subordinate roles can become members of the groups.
- Sub-groups: All users belonging to a particular group can become members of the new group.
In Zoho CRM - Groups module, you can perform the following operations:
- Create Groups
- Assign users to groups
- Edit groups
- View groups
- Delete groups
- Share records with groups