In Zoho CRM, you can create products by:
- Entering data in the product details form: You can manually fill in the Product details gathered from various external sources.
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields, please contact your System Administrator for more details on the usage of other fields.
Create Products Individually
You can create individual products by:
- Filling in the details in the product creation form.
- Cloning the products with a few changes in the existing product details.
To understand the Zoho defined standard fields in the Products module, click here.
To create products individually
- In the Products module, click New Product.
- In the Create Product page, enter the product information.
- Under Product Information, select the Product Active check box if you want the newly created product to be active.
By default, the check box is selected.
- Click Save.
To clone products
- In the Products tab, click a particular product that you want to be cloned.
- In the Product Details page, click Clone.
- In the Clone Product page, modify the required details.
- Click Save.
Associate Product with Other Records
You can create a 360-degree view of the product to display all the associated details, such as products, trouble tickets, open activities, history of the completed activities, attachments, and notes.
In the Product Details page, you can update the following:
- Price Books: To add different list prices to the product.
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events to product.
- Closed Activities: To display the closed tasks and events to product.
- Cases: To add cases to the product.
- Solutions: To add solutions to the product.
- Attachments: To attach documents to the product.
- Leads: To add leads to the product
- Contacts: To add contacts to the product
- Potentials: To add potentials to the product
- Accounts: To add accounts to the product
Generate PO for Records below Reorder Level
In a typical business scenario, there is a lag between the time at which the stock is ordered and the time at which the stock is received. To handle this case, we have a Reorder Level for the products. Reorder level of the product is the point at which a new order is to be placed for the supply of products.
The reorder level is set so that products are purchased before the company runs out of stock to sell. It is always set as a number higher than zero, based on the time taken to receive the goods. In Zoho CRM, you can set the reorder level for each product and generate the purchase order for the products below the reorder level.
To generate PO for records below reorder level
- Click the Products module.
- In the Products Home page, click Product Tools > Generate PO for Record below Reorder Level.
- In the Generate PO for Record below Reorder Level page, select the Vendor from the drop-down list.
Note that only the vendors whose products are below the reorder level will be displayed here.
The products below the reorder level will be listed on selecting the vendor.
- Select the check box(es) of the products for which you need to generate the purchase orders.
- Click Generate Purchase Order.
You will be directed to the Create Purchase Order page.