The basic system requirements to install the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office are below:
|Hardware ||x486 with minimum of 256 Mb RAM; minimum 10 Mb disk space |
|Operating System ||Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista |
|Software ||Microsoft Word 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007 |
|Browser ||Only Internet Explorer (Version 6 and above ) |
- You must have sufficient system privileges to install the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office
- You must have valid login details to connect to the Zoho CRM server
- You must close all Microsoft Word documents before installing the Plug-in
Install Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office
Installing Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office allows you to create mail merge templates based on the CRM data source.
To install the Zoho CRM Plug-in
- Log in to Zoho CRM with your Username and Password.
- Click Setup > Apps & Add-ons > Other Apps > Plug-in for Microsoft Office.
- In the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office page, click Download Now.
- Save/Run the Adventnet_ZohoCRM_Office_Plugin.exe
- In the Install Shield Wizard, click Next to start the installation process.
- In the License Agreement dialog box, go through the license agreement completely and click Yes to accept the agreement.
- In the Choose Destination Location wizard, browse the directory in which you want to install the Zoho CRM Plug-in setup files and click Next to continue.
- In the Language Selection dialog box, select the Language from the drop-down list and click Next to start the installation.
The installation process will take few seconds.
Note : You can select English, Japanese, French, or Spanish language.
- Click Finish to complete Installation.
Configure Web browser to install ActiveX Control
ActiveX control allows Zoho CRM to communicate with Microsoft Word for creating mail merge documents. You must configure your web browser before installing the ActiveX control otherwise you will not be able to create mail merge documents.
Important Note : The Zoho CRM Plug-in for MS Word works ONLY with Internet Explorer 6 and above versions and NOT with Firefox/Chrome. To create mail merge documents, please access Zoho CRM through Internet Explorer.
To configure Internet Explorer
- Click Tools > Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog, click Security > Custom Level.
- In the Security settings dialog, ensure the following under ActiveX Control and Plug-In section:
- Enable Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls
- Enable / Prompt Download signed ActiveX controls
- Enable / Prompt Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Enable Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Click Apply > OK
Activating Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office
Activating the Plug-in is a key which allows you to create mail merge documents in MS Word and Zoho CRM. Only administrators can activate the feature for other users.
New User: Sign up for Zoho CRM account from: http://crm.zoho.com
Existing User: After logging in to Zoho CRM, you must activate your Microsoft Office Account in the Subscription Manager section.
To activate the Zoho CRM Plug-in
- Click Setup > Subscription Manager > Activate Users.
- In the Activate Users page, click Edit.
- Select the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office check box for the corresponding user.
- Click Save.
The license is activated for the selected user.
Uninstall Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office
Before uninstalling the Zoho CRM Plug-in, close all Microsoft Word documents (if running).
To uninstall the Zoho CRM Plug-in
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel (Start Menu).
- In the Control Panel, double click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog-box, select the Zoho CRM Plug-in and click Remove.
- Click Yes.
This will uninstall the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office.