Thank you for considering Zoho CRM. If you are ready to migrate data from your CRM account to Zoho CRM, follow the steps given below or contact us to assist you in migrating your data. If you want us to do the migration for you, please fill in a request at http://www.zoho.com/crm/crm-data-migration.html
The following are the supported modules that you can migrate from other CRM software to Zoho CRM.
For best results, you need to follow the sequence given below while importing data into Zoho C RM.
Users => Campaigns => Leads => Accounts => Contacts => Potentials => Products => Cases => Solutions => Notes => Tasks => Events => Attachments.
- You cannot import custom tabs/modules from other CRM to Zoho CRM.
- Based on the application from which you are migrating data, you may skip a couple of modules that ae not relevant.
Get CRM Data: You need to export the data from your CRM account and save it in a CSV file.
Before migrating data into Zoho CRM, please go through the following checklist:
- File format - All the files to be imported should be in CSV format. Any other format is not supported.
- Date and Time format - The Date in the import file must be in yyyy-MM-dd format. (For example, 2010-05-01). The Date & Time in import file must be yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss. format. (For example, 2010-05-01 11.55.26). Date / Date & Time values in any other format will be ignored during import. You can change the format in your CSV file by following the steps given below:
- Select the Date column, right click on the column and choose Format Cells.
- In the Format Cells pop-up window, select Custom category.
- Enter the data format as yyyy-MM-dd and the date & time format as yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss./>
- Check box fields - The values for check box type fields in the import file should be either "True" or "False”. Imported data from check box fields are converted in Zoho CRM as follows:
True - If check box is selected
False - If check box is not selected
- Multi-select pick list fields - The values should be separated by semi-colon in the import file.
- Custom fields - You might have created custom fields in your CRM account. You can import the custom field data in Zoho CRM, only if you create the same custom fields for the respective modules in your Zoho CRM account. You can create the custom fields by following the steps given below:
- Click Setup > Customization > Fields > Create Custom Field.
- Select the field type and specify the custom field details.
- Click Save.
- Migrating Users - You will not be able to migrate users who already have a separate Zoho CRM account. Only when the users close their separate account with Zoho CRM, they can be imported in your company's CRM account.
- Add One More User - If you have created only 1 user in your CRM account, please add another user before migration. To add another user, click Setup > Admin Settings > Users. You don’t have to create all the users manually, as you will be importing users.csv file in Zoho CRM.
- Update Mandatory Fields - In your import file, you need to have data for all the mandatory fields in Zoho CRM. For example, "Last Name" is a mandatory field in Zoho CRM. Make sure that the "Last Name" column in your Leads import file has values. For the records that do not have a last name, you need to specify the values as 'not provided', 'none' etc.
- If there are no values for the mandatory fields, the corresponding record will be ignored while importing.
Start Importing Your Data
- Log in to Zoho CRM with Administrator privileges.
- Click Setup > Data Administration > Migrate from Other CRM.
- In the Data Migration Wizard page, select the module that you want to import.
You need to import the records in the same sequence as it is listed in the drop-down.
- Click Next.
- In the Migrate Users page, browse and select the import file.
- Under Advanced Options, do the following:
- Select the Character Encoding for the CSV file.
- Select the Date and Time format used in the import field. Any other date and time format used in the import file will be ignored.
The format that you specify here will be used for the Date fields and a combination of the values for Date&Time fields.
- Select the Send Notification Email check box, to receive a notification mail about the import.
- Click Next.
- In the Map Fields section, make sure that you map all the mandatory fields.
The field names that you had mentioned in the CSV file will be available in the drop down lists.
- Click Next to import records.
When the migration is complete an email is sent to the user (administrator) who imported the records.
Check for Data Accuracy
After importing each file, check the data that is imported. For example, after importing the users in Zoho CRM, click Setup > Users & Permisions > Users to check if all the users are imported. Follow the same steps for Leads, Accounts, Contacts, etc. If you think the data is not imported properly or the fields have been wrongly mapped, you can delete the imported records and import them again. See also Rollback Imported Data
In case you are stuck in any of the steps above, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or if you would like us to do the migration, please fill in the form http://www.zoho.com/crm/zwitch.html and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
See also http://www.zoho.com/crm/crm-data-migration.html