Web forms simplify the process of capturing visitors' or users' information from the website into your CRM system. They are designed to automate importing of data from website into Zoho CRM and to enable non-technical users to design and publish their own web forms. Zoho CRM web forms for Google Sites helps Google Apps users to use web forms in Google sites to capture visitor information.
Before setting the web form, ensure the following check-list:
- Create a default Email template to send automated replies to website visitors upon submission of their details.
- Create an Assignment rule if you wish to assign the incoming records to specific users. By default, all incoming records are assigned to the Administrator.
- Customize the fields to be added in the web form.
Profile Permission Required: All Google Apps users with the Web to Leads/Contacts/Cases permission.
Create Web Forms and Publish in Google Sites
To create web forms for Leads, Contacts, and Cases
- Click Setup > Website Integration > Web-To-Lead/Contact/Case Form.
- In the Web to Lead/Contact/Case page, click Create New Form.
- Specify the corresponding details in the following sections:
- Form Properties
- Field Selection
- Lead/Contact/Case Assignment
- Email Notification
- Generate Web Form
Step 1: Form Properties
- Enter a Form Name (eg. Feedback form, Data form, etc.).
- Enter a valid Return URL starting with http:// or https:// that will generate a 'Thank You' message or any other automated message when someone submits the form.
- The length of Return URL should not exceed 50 characters.
- Enter a valid Domain Name starting with http:// or https://. This prevents spam and allows only forms submitted through the particular domain to be captured as valid information.
- The domain name should be the URL where the generated web form is hosted.
- If the domain name does not match with the URL where the web form is hosted, then the information will not be captured.
- Alternatively, you can enter [*] in the domain name field to capture from other/multiple domains.
Step 2: Fields Selection
- Select the fields' check boxes that are to be displayed in the web form.
- The fields displayed here are those available in the particular module's (Leads/Contacts/Cases) Field list.
- To have custom field, you need to first create them in the particular module. See Also Custom Fields
For Web to Contact form: Account Name is available while creating Web to Contact forms. When this field is used in the web form, and contact details are submitted, an Account will automatically be created in CRM. There can be cases when the Account already exists in your CRM account. Only in such cases, a new Account will not be created.
- An Account will be created, even if certain mandatory fields details are not provided. Later, when the account is edited, you need to provide the other mandatory details before saving the record.
Step 3: Lead/Contact/Case Assignment
This feature is available only in Paid Editions.
- Select the check box to enable manual record approval.
- Click to select a user as owner to the records.
- Select the Lead/Contact/Case Assignment Rule from the list.
- Click Manage Rules link to edit the corresponding assignment rule.
- Enabling Manual record approval will help you to validate the generated records manually and then add them to the corresponding module in Zoho CRM. If not enabled, all the records generated through website are assigned directly to the corresponding modules.
- You can setup Zoho CRM to automatically assign users for the records generated from website by selecting the Select User option or by creating Assignment rules.
Step 4: Email Notification
- This feature is available only in Paid Editions.
- Select the email template from the list.The template that you select will be used to send an auto-response email to the user who submits the form.
- Select the Notify Owner check box to send an email to the owner, when a record is generated through your Website.
Step 5: Select Publish Option
- Select Publish this form to Google site option.
You can also select the Embed this form in my sites option. On selecting this the web form will be generated with the HTML code. You can use the code in your websites.
- Click the Create New Site link to create a Google Site. You can also choose a Google Site from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name for the Google Site and choose a permission.
- Click Save.
The new Google Site will be created. You need to choose the site from the drop-down list. A site URL will also be created.
- Click Save & Next.
Step 6: Test the web form
Once the form is published, it is recommended that you test the web form in all browsers before deploying for real-time usage. Limitation: If your web form has more that 7 fields:
- You will not be able to view the full form in the Internet Explorer browsers.
- You need to use the TAB key to navigate through the form.
- Specify the details in the published web form.
- Submit the form details. The details will be available in your Zoho CRM account.