Synchronizing calendar entries of Google Calendar and that of the Zoho CRM Calendar is now made easy with the Google Calendar Synchronization feature. You can update the calendar entries in either Google Calendar or Zoho CRM and have them updated in both. Please note that if you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the calendar events, then duplicate records will be created.
Profile Permission Required: Google Apps users with Sync with Google Calendar permission in Zoho CRM.
- You should also have the profile permissions for Sync with Google Calendar and the Activities tab, i.e. View, Create, Edit and Delete permissions.
To configure synchronization settings
- Log in to Google Apps.
- In the Google Apps Dashboard, select the Google service.
- Click Zoho CRM from Google's universal navigation.
- In Zoho CRM, click Setup > Apps & Add-ons > Google Apps Calendar.
- In the Calendar Synchronization page, click Set up Synchronization Scheduler.
- In the Calendar Synchronizationpage, do the following:
- Select the Sync Calendar from the drop-down list.
- Choose any one of the Sync Options:
- 2 Way Sync
- 1-Way: Zoho CRM Calendar to Google Calendar
- 1-Way: Google Calendar to Zoho CRM Calendar
- Select an option for the guests that you add in your events:
- Add guest(s) in Google Calendar events as Contacts in Zoho CRM.
- Do not add them.
- Click Save.
- First time you can synchronize maximum 5,000 calendar entries. For the consecutive syncs, maximum 500 entries will be synchronized.
- When you add an event in Zoho CRM, it will be synchronized instantly but events from Google Calendar will be synchronized every few minutes.
- If you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the calendar events, then duplicate records will be created. In case of two-way sync, duplicates will be created in both Zoho CRM and Google Calendar.
- Events added from Google Calendar will be added under the All Events list view in Zoho CRM.
- Only the Calendars for which you have the Read and Write permission will be listed in the Google Calendar drop-down list.
- In case of two pop-up reminders for the event coming from Google Calendar, only the first pop-up reminder will be added in CRM.
- Events with no title in Google Calendar will be added with the Subject as " Not Provided " in CRM.
- We do not support the synchronization of recurring events.
The data will be transferred based on the field mapping mentioned below:
|Zoho CRM Fields ||Google Calendar Fields |
|Subject ||Title |
|Start date time/end date time ||same as Zoho CRM |
|Remind At ||Reminders |
|Venue ||Where |
|Description ||Description |
|Add Invitees ||Add guests |