Planning and scheduling is important when it comes to business events. A well conceived plan goes a long way in bringing positive results whereas, properly scheduled events can complement your planning. Businesses attend events for various reasons and also hold events of different types - In-house seminars, networking events to engage with customers, dinner or lunch meetings, charity functions and fundraisers, webinars and trainings for customers, board meetings and monthly team meetings, product launch parties to create a buzz, press conferences, trade shows, etc.
Having to keep track of all these in a notepad is definitely not a solution. Calendars are the right choice that shows you the list of events by day, week and month. It reminds you of the upcoming events and even makes it easy for you to schedule recurring events. Most importantly, it gives you an idea of what is lined up for the day and how your week is going to be.
While working with Zoho CRM where all your customers' details are available, you can make use of the built-in calendar for planning and scheduling events.
- Plan well in advance and invite customers.
- Create recurring events that would take care of automatically scheduling weekly or monthly meetings.
- Set up personal preferences for reminders, working hours, holidays, etc.
- View calendars of other users based on the organizational hierarchy.
- Import events from another calendar and also export events from Zoho CRM's calendar.
- Accept event invitations from other users.
- Get a clear picture of the day's, week's and month's events.
Set Calendar Preferences
Before you start using your calendar, set up your preferences such as when you want reminders to the events, what are your working hours, do you want to hide events that you are not attending, etc. These settings are applicable only to your calendar.
To set calendar preferences
- Click (Calendar icon) and then click Day, Week or Month to view your calendar.
- In your calendar, click Options > Preferences.
- Specify the following preferences for your calendar. These preferences are reflected only in your calandar and not other users' calendar.
Specify the following to set reminders for the upcoming events in your calendar.
- Days in week view - You may want to view only the 5 working days of the week or view all 7 days including weekends.
- Work starts on - Choose the first working day of the week.
- Day starts at - Specify the time your day starts at work.
- Day ends at - Specify the time your day ends at work.
- Weekly Holiday 1 and Weekly Holiday 2 - Specify your weekly holidays. It can either be Saturday and Sunday or any other day of the week.
- Hide events ___ day(s) after they've passed - On selecting this checkbox your event will not be available in the calendar after the specified m\number of days.
- Hide declined events - If you decline an event, you can choose to not have it in your calendar by selecting this checkbox.
- Events - When do you want a reminder for the event - 5 minutes before the event starts, 15 minutes before or more?
- All-day events - When do you want a reminder for an all-day event - on the day of the event or before that?
- Turn off reminder via email - On selecting this, you will not receive reminders via email for the events in your calendar.
- When you access other user's calendar, and the Holidays do not match, automatically all the 7 days of the week will be available in the calendar, irrespective of the calendar preferences of either user.