Workflow Tasks are assigned to the users when the associated workflow rules are triggered. A workflow task can be associated to a workflow rule, when you want to create a task and assign it to a user, upon triggering the rule.
Profile Permission Required: Users with Manage Workflow profile permission can access this feature.
To create a workflow task
- Click Setup > Automation > Workflow > Tasks.
- In the Workflow Tasks page, click Create Task.
- In the New Task page, do the following:
- Select the Module from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Subject for the task.
Insert merge fields to create dynamic task subjects.
- Specify the Due Date to complete the task.
- Select the Status of the task from the drop-down list.
- Select the task Priority from the drop-down list.
- Select the user from the Assigned To lookup list to assign the task.
- Select the Notify Assignee check box to notify the task owner via email about the task.
- Select the Remind Assignee check box to send reminder to the task owner.
- Alert through Email - A reminder email will be sent to the task owner at the specified time.
- Alert through Pop-up - A pop-up reminder will be initiated to the task owner at the specified time.
- Enter the task Description.
- Click Save.
A new workflow task is created, which can be associated to workflow rules.
- Workflow tasks cannot be created for records that does not support tasks in Zoho CRM, such as Solution, Forecasts etc.
- Workflow tasks cannot be associated to a workflow rule if the Execution Criteria selected for a rule is 'Delete'.
- If the Assigned To field is not specified, the system will automatically assign the Task to the record's owner.
- If you select a workflow task while importing records (such as leads, accounts, contacts), Notify Assignee option (though selected for the particular workflow task) will not be applicable. See Also Import Data